Memory cards and battery recommendation for 7Dii

Name
Blarg
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey all,

Are there any recommended non canon batteries for the 7Dii?

Also - which CF and SD cards would people recommend for the camera?

annnd.. finally -- is there somewhere better//cheaper than Amazon to get them from?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

I don't think you can get any better than amazon when it comes to SD cards. As for batteries I would only use whatever Canon recommends.

Stick to the Canon Batteries they hold far more charge, I got stupid amounts of shots taken with a couple of Genuine Canon LP-E6 & N version over a few days shooting and SD & CF card wise, I use 160MB's speed 64 & 128GB which do perfectly well with the buffer IMHO...

unnamed.jpg

Agree with Rudlin & Joe on batteries.

For memory cards; what sort of photography do you do?

Landscapes etc don't need fast cards but if you are shooting raw then BIF, aviation, motorsport and action/sports often do.

I tend to use SD cards for walk around photos but have a pair of SanDisk 64Gb 160MB/s read / 150MB/s write CF cards for the high speed stuff.

Fast CF cards max out at higher speeds than SD cards but ensure you study the write speeds - manufacturers love quoting headline read speeds.

I am a SanDisk or Transcend person but each to their own.

Have a look here:
http://www.cameramemoryspeed.com/canon-7d-mark-ii/fastest-sd-cf-card-comparison/

I buy from Amazon but not Amazon MarketPlace - been burned on MarketPlace with 2 fake cards.

Last edited:
Fantastic - thank you for all the feedback! Went with the Samsung Pro 32GB SD card and the Kingston 32GB CF card. Will skip on batteries for now but will only get a genuine one when I do purchase one.

Get batteries from 7dayshop, last just as long as canons and a shed load cheaper

I use mymemory for cards as for batteries i have used thrid party ones and cannot find any difference to canon own 7dayshop

Back