Mercedes Epsom - Commercial Photography

Edit My Images
No
Here are a few shots from the new Mercedes- Benz showroom at Epsom.

I tried to make these a bit more atmospheric that my usual car dealership images comments always welcome.

p2877155221-4.jpg

p2877154734-4.jpg

p2877154821-4.jpg

p2877154984-4.jpg

p2877155098-4.jpg

Very nice slick images, with the exception of the last, which seems a little too "HDR-esque" for my taste.

Thanks for the feed back.

The windows are a bit blown out to try and disguise all of the other car dealerships across the street.

There isn't really a process, all the shots are captured in the same way,

Shoot RAW
ISO at base to make sure the maximum dynamic range is captured.
Make sure your "as shot" histogram is as fat as possible and any clipping is where you want, in this case I was happy to have a bit of clipping in the windows to make sure I had good, low noise shadows.
Also check the 3 colour histograms are OK. Mercedes dealerships always had a lot of blue LED lighting this caught me out on the first job as I had a lot of clipping on the blue channel which I didn't notice at the location.
Make local adjustments to the shadows and highlights in lightroom, if you have the exposure right, probably - 0.5 ev on the windows and + 0.5 ev in the shadow areas will be enough.

Thanks for the feed back.

The windows are a bit blown out to try and disguise all of the other car dealerships across the street.

There isn't really a process, all the shots are captured in the same way,

Shoot RAW
ISO at base to make sure the maximum dynamic range is captured.
Make sure your "as shot" histogram is as fat as possible and any clipping is where you want, in this case I was happy to have a bit of clipping in the windows to make sure I had good, low noise shadows.
Also check the 3 colour histograms are OK. Mercedes dealerships always had a lot of blue LED lighting this caught me out on the first job as I had a lot of clipping on the blue channel which I didn't notice at the location.
Make local adjustments to the shadows and highlights in lightroom, if you have the exposure right, probably - 0.5 ev on the windows and + 0.5 ev in the shadow areas will be enough.

So no HDR or additional processing?

No HDR, just lightroom or camera raw. After the above process there will be some work in photoshop to tidy up walls, floors etc and I tend to do any cropping or sharpening in photoshop.

These are brilliant. I live local to here and captures the location perfectly. Interested in knowing if you asked permission for the shoot or was this for a client.

Thanks for the feedback, the shoot was for the architects that designed and managed the project.

I agree. They are great images.
I called in for some spares a few weeks ago. The coffee from the Silver Arrows cafe is the best I have ever had in the UK.

Back