mercedes slr

steunited

No 1 Doctor Who Fan
Edit My Images
Yes
saw this beauty parked in windermere on saturday.
every bloke stopped to look at it and take a photo.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd193/steunited/mercedesslr.jpg

Staff Edit : Images changed to clickable links. Pictures must not exceed current forum limits as per the rules.
Please feel free to replace this with a fresh/resized image and remove this text :)

Last edited by a moderator:
look I know my parking is not great :D....... haha I wish! nice car, nice car, nice car (y)

reg plate was 7 SLR which was probably worth a few grand

Hi there,

Crikey, that car gets about. It was parked up at the Hurlingham Club in London on Friday afternoon for the Salon Prive event.

Must have been a nice drive from London to Windermere :D

Regards

Tim

And I wonder how much extra that paint job cost :shrug:

Bet it's a B&*&*rd to keep clean :puke:

Great shot by the way

Hi there,

Heres a pic I have quickly edited of the car at the Salon Prive event on Friday afternoon.

http://www.dunlopix.com/SLR270709.jpg

The whole chrome thing is a full car wrap, its not particularly nice in the flesh, but certainly drew a crowd.

Regards

Tim

Staff Edit : Images changed to clickable links. Pictures must not exceed current forum limits as per the rules.
Please feel free to replace this with a fresh/resized image and remove this text :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there,

Heres a pic I have quickly edited of the car at the Salon Prive event on Friday afternoon.

http://www.dunlopix.com/SLR270709.jpg

The whole chrome thing is a full car wrap, its not particularly nice in the flesh, but certainly drew a crowd.

Regards

Tim

A wrap? If so your image suggests it was extremely well finished. Having said that I thought most (all?) of the SLR panels were alloy and if so would I think have the potential to take a very high chrome finish:shrug:

That has to be the most aweful looking car in the history of aweful looking cars. Although well done to whoever resprayed it as it does look a good job.

It is a footballers cant rmember his name though, can be spotted in Manchester quite often. Money doesnt buy taste.

A wrap? If so your image suggests it was extremely well finished. Having said that I thought most (all?) of the SLR panels were alloy and if so would I think have the potential to take a very high chrome finish:shrug:

It will almost certainly be a wrap, it's amazing what they can do with them these days. The majority of the SLR is carbon fibre, not alloy.

This is the third one i know of that has been chrome wrapped, the other two belong to William Gallas and El Hadji Diouf.

its not a normal slr though is it,its a mclaren mercedes slk and judging by the man driving it at ther hurlingham club its not owned by a footballer.

I wouldnt say that its a paint job (you can get extremely shiny paint) but this looks chrome to me and yes you can chrome plastic too, still distastefull ruining a car this way

nice motor i have a nice one of the veyron in chrome from festival of speed

its not a normal slr though is it,its a mclaren mercedes slk and judging by the man driving it at ther hurlingham club its not owned by a footballer.

Sorry, there is no such thing as a Mclaren Mercedes SLK.

It is a standard SLR coupe with a chrome wrap applied. As i said this isn't one of the ones i know of owned by footballers

It is a standard SLR coupe with a chrome wrap applied. As i said this isn't one of the ones i know of owned by footballers

if there is no such car why is it referred to as a mclaren mercedes slr on the website i listed above.

Last edited:
Looks like a car one of the oil rich Arabs would buy and park outside Cafe Rouge. Terrible looking.

Its a nice car, but with all the money spent on it, they still cant park properly. :eek:

Look at the front drivers side wheel? Its been kerbed?

They might want to take some lessons on parking...

Top Gear also make reference to the Mclaren Mercedes SLR - a £300K + Hyper Car. It is certainly NO standard SLR coupe.

Matte black seems to be the new chic for supercars. The chrome Veyron looks smart, but not the SLR.

Matt black will always make it stand out.

I would rather have the black one over the silver one.

Although I would take any given the chance.

Back