Mersey Salmon

Edit My Images
Yes
Just joined the forum the other day so thing is my first real post. This was taken the other year on the River Mersey with my Panny FZ50. It looks like it's been stuck on in photoshop but trust me it wasn't! I spend hours stood there and managed to take a LOT of photos of just water. :) Hoping to have a DSLR ready for when they start jumping this year so i can get a better quality photo.

salmon_01.jpg

Crop

salmon_02.jpg

I know it's not the best photo in the world but it's pretty amazing to think this is the River Mersey. Oh yeah, i did send it to the local paper and they printed it so i guess this is my first and only published photo.

Gods creation at its most amazing, great shot well done!

Cheers guys, my mission this year is to try for some closer and clearer shots. They tend to start jumping the last weekend in Sept so hopefully by then i'll have some new kit.

Kerioak - The Mersey is only a slow moving river, this was taken at a weir after a few days of rain making it look fast flowing.

tesco - Yes mate, it's Woolston weir.

What is amazing is that this was spawned in the river and is now on its way back to do the same... once in a lifetime shot deserved publishing.

Back