Mersey Seascapes

Edit My Images
Yes
Really like the last two strong compositions and great colours, not really sold on the first there is too much empty sky and foreground for me so it lacks a real subject maybe would have been improved from a further distance with a longer lens to compress the distance but obviously this may not have been possible.

Wonky horizon on the first, but otherwise a nice shot.
Last one would have been improved, I feel if the boat was on the left of the sun, as its leading my eye out of the photo, perhaps that was not possible.

All quite good, but maybe a review of composition could be in order for the future.

All quite good, but maybe a review of composition could be in order for the future.

Thanks to those who have commented I'm trying to learn how my shots could be better; in what way could the composition be reviewed? Pete's comment about the boat being on the wrong side I couldn't do much about because I took this at the end of the slipway and I would have been in 4ft of waterIf I had gone further right.

In the first shot I took it at wide angle from the back of the mersey ferry when I saw the skyline and the dramatic sky, maybe I was being too greedy to try and get it all in rather than being a bit more selective.I was also trying to use the ferry wake as the leadin to the image.

Back