Messenger - No Internet Connection

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
When I try to access my Facebook Messenger account on my PC all I'm getting is "No Internet Connection". Messenger still works fine on my mobile phone, it's just the desktop PC that shows the No Connection although Facebook and everything else works fine as normal.

I can see the same problem when searching Google but the fixes are only for mobile phones. Any help or advice please?

Last edited:
It's probably trying to use a port that's blocked, either by firewall or router. We can't do WhatsApp calls at home for this reason, even though it works fine in all other respects.

If you have admin access to your kit you could try to enable access through the port required.

according to the geekernet details below but i don't know any internet router that would have these blocked apart from a business network maybe?

Facebook Messenger
Messenger uses port 3478 for STUN, TURN over UDP on port 40002, TURN over TCP on port 3478. It also uses TURN over TCP on port 443

Thanks for the help. Messenger worked OK on my PC until early this morning. Messenger is also working fine on my iPhone and tablet.

I have a feeling it could be a problem at Facebook's end. For the last hour or so, the "No Internet Connection" wording has been intermittent. Working one minute and then not the next.

have a feeling it could be a problem at Facebook's end
It threw a hissy fit here for awhile late afternoon.
I kept getting "Ooops there is a problem try later" when trying to make a post...
its seems OK now though.
( well it was half hour ago anyway)

Happened to me earlier, got the no internet connection with a red '!' under the message, it's working fine now though, definitely an issue FB's end

Back