Messerschmitt ME-109, The baddie - Boooooo...

-Oy-

Worzel Gummidge
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
More from Duxford Flying Legends 2006

Messerschmitt_109_2.jpg

Messerschmitt_109_4.jpg

Messerschmitt_109_5.jpg

Messerschmitt_109_7.jpg

It's only ½ bad though :D

Thats a Hispano built plane fitted with a Rolls Royce Merlin motor.

When I was down there, he put on a great display chasing a spitfire at low level around the new building and across the field. :D

No 3 for me (y)
No 1 would have been great if it hadn't got the newer aircraft in the background.

<cheeky>I really like #3, what would the chances be of you providing a copy of that at desktop resolution? (1280x1024) :p</cheeky>

Very nice shots, the aircraft is too clean though, it needs some wear and tear/oil streaks to make it look more authentic :)

What can I say...........whats not to like ;)

A pukka german built 109 of the era would have had the exhaust ports much lower ;)

So true DF

The cowl lines bothered me and I also immediately thought this must be the hispano-suiza replica...

Off course ....(y) the Daimler Benz's exhausts were low!

Hi OY, IS there any chance i can get a High res version of the images of the 109. I am Student studying digital Art at university and would like to use your photograph in an art piece. Is this possible?

nick24a at googlemail.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Number 3's great. They must be cosmetic additions on the upper engine cowling to represent the machine-guns, as I'm sure they couldn't fit the Merlin with any of the engine-mounted guns remaining.

Dad used to shoot these things down, everytime I see a Beamer I think of them, also clock the driver: Great shots bonk:

Back