Messing about on the water 1 (56k)

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
Well waterside anyway....

Not really that happy with any of them.....(but I have nothing else to post.....)weather was crap :( long exposures and some HDR's all taken about 9pm ish.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

TFL.
Ken.

pffffffff!
These are cracking!
my favourite of the lot has to be #3 - so beautifully simple!

Watch out for barrel distortion, it shows up quite harshly on sea horizons (most notable in #1).
#3 also appears to be slightly off kilter.

Don't forget you can still whip out the old IR filters even in this light. Of course, you'll get really long exposures to the point that there's no texture to the water, but that can be rather nice!

Hoodi said:
pffffffff!
These are cracking!
my favourite of the lot has to be #3 - so beautifully simple!

Watch out for barrel distortion, it shows up quite harshly on sea horizons (most notable in #1).
#3 also appears to be slightly off kilter.

Don't forget you can still whip out the old IR filters even in this light. Of course, you'll get really long exposures to the point that there's no texture to the water, but that can be rather nice!
I had thought of doing some ir...but in the end didn't bother. I knew about the distortion but don't have a clue how to rectify it?????:thinking:

very nice Ken!

are you using photoshop CS2?
If you are, go to filters > distortion > lens correction and there's a handy dialouge there where you can do various stuff, including fixing barrell // pincushion distortion. Some lenses can't be fixed quite so simply, at which point it's usually just worth living with it.

If you aren't using CS2, I think there are other bits of standalone software that do it - but I'm not sure what!

Hoodi said:
are you using photoshop CS2?
If you are, go to filters > distortion > lens correction and there's a handy dialouge there where you can do various stuff, including fixing barrell // pincushion distortion. Some lenses can't be fixed quite so simply, at which point it's usually just worth living with it.

If you aren't using CS2, I think there are other bits of standalone software that do it - but I'm not sure what!
Yeah got cs2 and looked in lens correction but didn't find barrell fixing thingy...will lookagain later when i'm back on other puter.

Absolutely cracking 1, 5 and 7 are fav's but they are great, love the different colourings of the same shot as well.

Great images, you've got a very clever eye for something like this.

Good shots, definitely needs more interesting lighting/texturing. Worth taking again? Good technique...

I love no 2. There's something mystical yet real about it. Bang up pic!

THanks for the comments guys....
Gorgeous. Where were they taken ?
Sorry mate....can't say yet as I may enter something for the comp and don't want to give it away (although my processing might do that itself).
Thanks again.
Ken.

Nice fine art shots and at a push I'd have to say the first in my fave especially if it was cropped just above the white stone in the immediate foreground thus making it a square.

Back