Meteors Galore

Name
Bat-Frog
Edit My Images
No
Last edited:
Not had any luck the last few years, Looking at the sky right now, I doubt I'll have much luck tonight either :(

BTW you link is slightly off Ruth ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40909057

Clear skies here (Ayrshire), it's quite nice actually. :)

I went into my garden at 0030. After my eyes got used to the dark I saw quite a few. They were very feint. and I would not had noticed them had I not been specifically watching.

I was planning on doing some sky watching but woke at 02:00 or so with the telly still on and the females in/on the bed both snoring! Put ear plugs in, turned telly off and went back to sleep.

We watched from just after 2200 to about 2345, by which time the Moon wasn't far off rising over the farmhouse across the road and the sky was definitely getting lighter. And there was cloud starting to bubble up out of nowhere as it does sometimes. We saw quite a few bright ones leaving trails, but those were earlier on when the sky was darker. There were, as usual, quite a few 'sporadic' meteors, ie not Perseids.

I was at the Gospel Pass in the Black Mountains near Hay on Wye. This is a dark sky area. I saw quite a few meteors some were quite spectacular but I didn't manage to photo any although I had my camera. The temperature dropped and my lens kept getting condensation on the glass. There were many people there with their sun loungers out and small camp fires seemed like they were enjoying the spectacle.

I had, quite a good night, standing in a field, in Ayrshire, cloud came rolling in, a few times, but, was great to see, i was there for about 4hrs, managed to get a few pictures, as well. which was a bonus.

Back