Metered Head.

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been after one of these for ages, but they're as scarce as rocking horse poo, especially tidy ones. It's a waist level CDS metered head for the RB 67.

I've just been checking the meter against the other camera bodies and the hand held meter and it's damned accurate too, so I'm feeling pretty chuffed. :)

2663114563_0bc73628d4_o.jpg

Never realised how big those things are! I've got that same magazine sitting on the desk here.

I haven't :crying: Is it the new issue? (sorry to take it off topic :p)

Never realised how big those things are! I've got that same magazine sitting on the desk here.

But CT is posing...... he hasn't opened his yet! :eek:

Nice bit of kit..... there are some film bargains to be had at the mo!

I saw a Nikon F2 go for $160 last week!

Never realised how big those things are!

LOL. It's a real brute! the shutter sound is glorious. Well actually, the shutter sound is just a little click, all the noise comes from the huge mirror flying up at the same time as a huge light baffle at the back.

I haven't :crying: Is it the new issue? (sorry to take it off topic :p)

Yep - July- September -'08. They tend to lie around for ages and I usually just skim read 'em anyway. :confused:

Nice find, what did you pay for it?... if you don't mind me asking.

I take it you still have to dial in the aperture & shutter speed manually, or is there a smidgen of automation to be had?

79 quid. No automation. Automation and the RB are contradictions in terms. :D

:eek: ... superb jobby Cedric ... (y) ... looks really good and a steal at that price ... ;) ... got me wondering again now damn you ... :D

:p

:eek: ... superb jobby Cedric ... (y) ... looks really good and a steal at that price ... ;) ... got me wondering again now damn you ... :D

:p
Well it's considerably lighter than the eye level prisms. Be careful - they come in 2 flavours - metered and unmetered. Look for that ASA dial on the side for the metered versions.

They're like hen's teeth, especially in good nick. Ffordes have one in fully working, but described as showing slight signs of fungus.

I used to use on of these Cedric, until the force got tight, withdrew them and gave us back the C330s. Very capable bit of kit they were too. The metered head was much more accurate than the meter on the TLR's.

I used to use on of these Cedric, until the force got tight, withdrew them and gave us back the C330s. Very capable bit of kit they were too. The metered head was much more accurate than the meter on the TLR's.

LOL. Don't you just love those bean counters! ;)

Nice to see you posting again Doug - I hope all is well with you? (y)

Back