Beginner Metz tl600 set on Wex

Hi Choppie thanks for the reply, not sure about the 600w do you think it would be too much. I thought I could turn the power down unless I'm being dumb ?

That price isn't in fact cheap, it's a reasonable deal at the selling price but very expensive at the price they say they're reducing it from. But leaving that aside, "Choppie" is right, 600Ws per head is much more power than you need and probably more than you can use.
The listing claims 6 stops of adjustment, it's really 5 stops and even on minimum ISO and minimum power you may well find yourself forced to use smaller apertures than you would like.

Some of the info in the specs seemed a bit confusing to me so I looked at the Metz website and there's conflicting info on there. Guide No. is shown as 85 not 100 and recycling speed is shown as 0,5–1,5 sec not 0 - 1 sec. Strange.

And finally, although those 60 x 90cm softboxes are a decent size, I really don't recommend that you buy a twin softbox kit for normal home studio use - a kit with 1 softbox and 1 umbrella is both much more versatile and cheaper, as well as neededing less space.

Thanks Gary, appreciate your help and advice. I must admit I was tempted by the discount. If you could point me in the right direction
Would be appreciated. I was looking at the lencarta sets to be honest

Thanks Gary, appreciate your help and advice. I must admit I was tempted by the discount. If you could point me in the right direction
Would be appreciated. I was looking at the lencarta sets to be honest
Either this SmartFlash 200 kit with 1 softbox/1 umbrella, or this ElitePro kit with the same accessories. TBH, the cheaper SmartFlash kit is fine for a home studio. Both are in stock, but the SmartFlash are very low stock, although more are on their way.

Garry has it covered :) I got the smartflash 200 kit Garry mentioned but I would recommend getting a profold softbox, much easier to work with if you have to tidy up! (if you have the space then the normal softboxes are fine)

HTH

I went and bought a couple of canon speed lights 600 ex rt's in the end. I wanted the portability and being a sucker for a deal got these from the classified section on here. Since then though loads of questions between the two types. Now I have gained a little confidence I'll post a few more pics

Back