weekly Chris P My 2019 52’s Week 36 Soft

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Well here goes, my third attempt. I failed miserably on the last two so I’m hoping with my new found appetite and change from Canon to Fuji X it will give me the encouragement I need. With swapping to the smaller camera and lens sizes my thought are that I can take a body around with me. Enough for now let the challenge begin

Last edited:
Well here goes, my third attempt. I failed miserably on the last two so I’m hoping with my new found appetite and change from Canon to Fuji X it will give me the encouragement I need. With swapping to the smaller camera and lens sizes my thought are that I can take a body around with me. Enough for now let the challenge begin
Thanks Dave, looking forward to finally using the Fuji stuff. It’s been sat in the cupboard for far too long !

Last edited:
Welcome aboard, Chris. I switched from Nikon to Fuji last year and I'm enjoying the system very much; it definitely comes out with me more often than the Nikon :)

Good luck with your 52!
Thanks Andrea, must admit struggled with the change of camera at first, I am hoping the 52 will persuade me to spend more time with my new Fuji gear !

Good luck with the challenge. I have a fair amount of Fuji X stuff anmd love it.

Nice one Chris - I was out looking for some new bulbs coming out but couldn't find any round here.
Juxta[osing with the dead leaves is a good idea, and fills the frame nicely.

Nicely done Chris - bet you won't be the only one with this topic for theme - I had a quick look in the garden myself ;)

Hi Chris

Nice shot, I like the placement of the old leaves to emphasise the newness. On an SLR I'd have wanted a shallower DOF but a phone's a phone.

Good luck for your 52!

Nick

Very nice! Wow that green is punchy!! Draws the eye very well.
Perfect interpretation.
(y)
Thanks Gareth, might retake with my camera and see how it comes out

Nicely done Chris - bet you won't be the only one with this topic for theme - I had a quick look in the garden myself ;)
Think your right Ian, I suspect there will be a few more

Hi Chris

Nice shot, I like the placement of the old leaves to emphasise the newness. On an SLR I'd have wanted a shallower DOF but a phone's a phone.

Good luck for your 52!

Nick
Definitely right Nick ! Might have a play around with the iPhone camera a little more

Good idea. Old and new. Like it.
Thanks Bob

Last edited:
A good idea old and new, and good contrast coming from the image, great start.
PS: sorry Chris i couldn't find a link from the main page, so I posted to try and let you know.

Walter

The composition the scene is what I think is ace, the green stands out so well also. I think it may be a little too bright but can't rule out that's my screen at fault.

Got loads of dead leaves, bulbs coming up and plants with buds in my garden. Didn't even think of doing a shot like this, good shout and great result.

Love the idea, actually what I'm thinking of new life type idea. Was hoping for a good sunrise for new day but no luck it's just cloudy.

Bit too vibrant for me, tad over processed maybe.

Wow that pops !
I'm with some of the others here that it's perhaps a tad too far on the vibrancy scale.
Something that Chelsea and Tony often advocate is backing off chnages you've made by 25% once you've finished as you get accustomed to the amount of enhancement you've made and can sometimes overdo it.
Of course I could be totally wrong here, and you may have achieved this effect with strong, targeted lighting instead.

As Walter has mentioned, you've missed the link through to your post from the main thread. No issue at the moment, but when everyone gets posting, it means it's harder for viewers to find your thread.
If you've forgotten how, the guide is at
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/tutorials/adding-a-linky-to-your-post-or-page.109/

Link does not work from the main thread.
On your shot for new, it is good but for me the new bulb is just to bright, maybe lighten it a bit but still good for the theme.
Thanks Dave, quite a few have mentioned the bulbs quite bright. Think I’ll have a look at that

A good idea old and new, and good contrast coming from the image, great start.
PS: sorry Chris i couldn't find a link from the main page, so I posted to try and let you know.

Walter
Thanks Walter, need to see what I have done wrong with the link

Nice mixture of new and old, more or less what I am planning.
Thanks Clive, plenty of bulbs coming up all over

The composition the scene is what I think is ace, the green stands out so well also. I think it may be a little too bright but can't rule out that's my screen at fault.

Got loads of dead leaves, bulbs coming up and plants with buds in my garden. Didn't even think of doing a shot like this, good shout and great result.
Thanks !

Love the idea, actually what I'm thinking of new life type idea. Was hoping for a good sunrise for new day but no luck it's just cloudy.

Bit too vibrant for me, tad over processed maybe.
Rob, like your thoughts on New Day hasn’t thoughof that one
Wow that pops !
I'm with some of the others here that it's perhaps a tad too far on the vibrancy scale.
Something that Chelsea and Tony often advocate is backing off chnages you've made by 25% once you've finished as you get accustomed to the amount of enhancement you've made and can sometimes overdo it.
Of course I could be totally wrong here, and you may have achieved this effect with strong, targeted lighting instead.

As Walter has mentioned, you've missed the link through to your post from the main thread. No issue at the moment, but when everyone gets posting, it means it's harder for viewers to find your thread.
If you've forgotten how, the guide is at
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/tutorials/adding-a-linky-to-your-post-or-page.109/
Thanks, not sure what I have done with the link for sure ! Need to see what I have done wrong, trying to do this on an iPad has been a challenge by itself. I took the pic on my iPhone and haven’t enhanced as such, might have to revisit for sure

Ah, posting on tablets isn't the 'it just works' that Apple would have you believe. :)

Tim, think your right but that makes me more determined to get it sorted. I have managed to sort the bb codes. Just need to see if I can use the Lightroom for the iPad.

That really stand out I agree the colour seems a bit out to me too

New

A good bit of composition, maybe you could have lost the foreground leaf, but it's not too intrusive.

Like some others, my first thought was that the greens were a bit too much. Your second edit is spot on, enough to stand out without being too much. Love the composition of the new plant pushing up between decaying leaves from last year. Fits the theme superbly :)

New

A good bit of composition, maybe you could have lost the foreground leaf, but it's not too intrusive.
Hi Dominic, think you might be right,
Untitled by Chris Pritchard, on Flickr

Like some others, my first thought was that the greens were a bit too much. Your second edit is spot on, enough to stand out without being too much. Love the composition of the new plant pushing up between decaying leaves from last year. Fits the theme superbly :)
Cheers Carl, think everyone has been right with the bright green

Last edited:
Nice start to your 2019 52 Chris. The third edit is the one for me. Still plenty of vibrancy there and better without the foreground leaf. The new and old elements in your photo work well together.

Excellent choice for your first image (wot, no Fuji?!), Chris. It's bang on theme and I like the contrast between the new growth and the old dead leaves you were clearing away. The first version did look a bit too bright but the later edit looks fine (y)
Andrea, rest assured the Fuji will make an appearance in next weeks topic for sure ! Back to basics away from the iPhone!
I like the old and new combination, edit does look much nicer, much easier on the eye, wish I’d had a wander around the garden now it works really well.
Thanks Susie !
Nice start to your 2019 52 Chris. The third edit is the one for me. Still plenty of vibrancy there and better without the foreground leaf. The new and old elements in your photo work well together.
Hi Lee, tend to agree the third attempt is the better one
Hi Chris, flickr doesn't seem to be playing ball at the moment with the 1st image. I like the latest crop you posted removing the foreground leaf. It seems a little cold on the white balance. But I like it, the new shoots stand out nicely.
Thanks Michael, I keep having issues with Flickr, they keep emailing me to upgrade to Pro but I’m not too sure to be honest

Interesting take. So clean you can't see 'em! Emissions, I mean. I might have tried with more DOF but then you'd lose the daffodils of course.

Back