MF Film Question ..

Name
Obi John Mikel
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey there film lovers,

Had a question about what sort of MF film to get. I love the tungsten type films where you get those beautiful deep blue colours. Anyone know what best type of film is for those? Preferably a reasonably quick one..

Chars!

Got an example ?

do you mean saturated blues or tungsten balanced film shot in daylight ?

Fuji Velvia daylight balanced is saturated, 64T is film colour balanced to shoot under tungsten light, like in studio, if you shot that in daylight the film would come out very blue all over.....hence the "T"

Try using Tungsten under fluorescent lighting.......you can use the fluor as a background light.

ah yes i think i am slightly confused as to what tungsten film actually means - I take it you can get the blue effect by using film that is designed to be used under tungsten lights in natural light, hence getting some blue distortion. Is that right? Thanks for the info.

Specifically - Velvia 100 is saturated generally, it's warm but the blues really slap you're face.

Tungsten balanced film like Kodaks Ektachrome 64T or Fuji's Fujichrome 64T shot in daylight with give a blue cast right through everything, not terribly attractive.
I thought you were being particular about tungsten balanced film, some peeps use it for long exposures at night because it has excellent reciprocacy.
If you just want film with mental blues = Fuji Velvia

Back