Mft IBIS with OIS 14-42mm?

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

So I'm about to buy this lens (the purple Panasonic Mega OIS) and wondered if it is compatible with older Lumix bodies with IBIS to give extra stabilisation?

Thanks.

Ibis does what it says on the tin IN BODY IMAGE STABILISATION so it’s irrelevant what lens you use .. ..however over the years and new models it has changed improved with each iteration .. you really need the specs of your camera to know the i.b.I.s level

Ibis does what it says on the tin IN BODY IMAGE STABILISATION so it’s irrelevant what lens you use .. ..however over the years and new models it has changed improved with each iteration .. you really need the specs of your camera to know the i.b.I.s level

I thought I'd read that some OIS lenses weren't compatible with IBIS?

Last edited:
I thought I'd read that some OIS lenses weren't compatible with IBIS?
No they’re all compatible , it’s just the longer ones such as the 100-400 need their own I.s to boost it . A 14-42 will be fully within the i.b.I.s level .. in 4 years with MFT using long lenses I have never yet used a monopod or tripod all hand held

I have a strong feeling that Mega OIS lenses can't do dual IS, only Power OIS lenses can.

Thanks for that but I'm still confused as body IBIS is in the Gx7 and that article states from Gx8? Just my luck that I've ordered a Gx7!
Looks like you're out of luck with dual is then.
Would expect the lens ois to be better then the early generation ibis of the GX7

Just my luck that I've ordered a Gx7!
I'd say it may be good luck.

I looked into upgrading to the GX8 and swiftly decided that it was a step backwards for my needs. I have several Panaonic cameras with the articulated screen and bought the GX7 specifically for the tilt design, which I find much more useful.

Back