MG

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Found this neat little MG parked in town this morning, no people around it so i took three bracketed shots in order to process in Photomatix.

ISO 100, f11, 1/400 sec, Olympus E520, 17.5 to 45mm Zuiko lens, focal length 21mm.

Constructive comments and criticism welcome.

Best regards Paul

If the shadows from the tree werent there this would be a beauty....is the front wing damaged?

Stunning car, I love the classics :)

But to be honest I think it kind of gets lost, too much red on red and the chrome has a blue tint. I can also see shadows of people on the car.

It also seems very noisy and pixelated.

Did you take any other pics? Knowing where you took this you have a few options for angle with still a good background :)

How about desaturating the background maybe?

Just had a closer look, what was behind the car that you have cloned out?

Stunning car, I love the classics :)

But to be honest I think it kind of gets lost, too much red on red and the chrome has a blue tint. I can also see shadows of people on the car.

It also seems very noisy and pixelated.

Did you take any other pics? Knowing where you took this you have a few options for angle with still a good background :)

How about desaturating the background maybe?

I did clean this image up in Noise Ninja, so why there should be more noise i don't know, maybe i should either try it again, or use Neat Image.

I could try and remove the shadows but it would make it to obvious with the cloning.
Unfortunately i just shot the three bracketed images from this angle, but i could try and de saturate the BG as you suggested.

as to the shadows on the side of the car, they are cast by the trees.

Best regards Paul

Last edited:
At ISO 100 and 1/400s I'm suprised theres any noise at all, how noisy was the original? Did you shoot RAW or JPG?

Now i have figured this one out, i could not have set Noise Ninja correctly as i reset it to eliminate all noise, and this time it seems to have worked.

Two images, one cropped narrower than the other.

I think this is a lot better, but then what do you think?.

Best regards Paul

Back