Michael Freeman books?

Edit My Images
No
Hi all

Of his five books are which one(s) have you got and read?

Of those, which single one would you recommend for a non beginner/more experienced photographer by way of usefulness, though provoking and a good read?

Last edited:
He's written a lot more than five books..

I've got the Eye and Mind books, but haven't looked at them in a while. Usefulness and thought provoking aren't always the same thing, what is it you're really looking for?

He seems to produce books at a prolific rate.

However there are better and more detailed authors out there too. Must admit once you get beyond a certain level, I would look elsewhere.

He's written a lot more than five books..

I've got the Eye and Mind books, but haven't looked at them in a while. Usefulness and thought provoking aren't always the same thing, what is it you're really looking for?

I was given as a birthday gift the one in the "eye" series(?) 'Composition and Design for better digital photos' with the option to exchange it for another of his. My intial look through is that it already covers the skills I put into much of the way I see and take my photographs, so will likely become just a shelf filler!

In the back flyleaf there are listed:-
Capturing Light
A Graphic Guide (another "eye" book)
The Photographer's Mind
The Photographers Story

The above is why I naively thought he had only published 5 books.

I ideally would like one of his books that is thought provoking to challenge my thinking on the creative process perhaps in regard to narrative story telling.

He seems to produce books at a prolific rate.

However there are better and more detailed authors out there too. Must admit once you get beyond a certain level, I would look elsewhere.

Oh! who would you suggest I look into/at ?

Back