Michael Schenker Group - Edinburgh - 360 Degree Spherical Panoramas

Name
Billy Hepburn
Edit My Images
No
The recently reformed MSG are currently on tour in support of their new In The Midst Of Beauty album!

The band were rehearsing in Glasgow last week before playing their only UK gig on Thursday 19th June at Edinburgh's Liquid Room.

As usual, to view the panoramic images or galleries, click on the links BELOW the photographs!

billyh42

MSG_20080618_0005_SM.jpg

MSG - Chris Slade, Wayne Findlay, Gary Barden, Michael Schenker & Chris Glen - Glasgow - 18/06/08
http://www.musicpro.co.uk/sites/schenker/images/photo/msg_20080618/default.htm

DSC_0240.jpg

Michael Schenker - Edinburgh - 19/06/08

MSG_Pano_01_pb.jpg

MSG - Soundcheck, Edinburgh - 19/06/08
http://www.musicpro.co.uk/sites/schenker/pages/mpro_msg_pano_01.html

MSG_Pano_02_pb.jpg

MSG - Edinburgh - 19/06/08
http://www.musicpro.co.uk/sites/schenker/pages/mpro_msg_pano_02.html

MSG_Pano_03_pb.jpg

MSG - Edinburgh - 19/06/08
http://www.musicpro.co.uk/sites/schenker/pages/mpro_msg_pano_03.html

Last edited:
Just to prove me wrong. Despite the varying lighting you have managed to capture in focus shots at a concert. Well done. I think I prefer #2, though; my mind finds it hard to grasp panos.

WOW......Nice shots!

And I went to see them when I was a teen (I'm 41 this year)...

I am now sulking, feeling old ......

LOL

Carl.

Just to prove me wrong. Despite the varying lighting you have managed to capture in focus shots at a concert. Well done.

Focus isn't usually a problem in concert photography- it's camera shake that's the killer!

In small venues, although it looks well lit to the human eye, if you can get 1/60 sec at 1600asa you're doing well.

The panoramas are all handheld at 1/60 sec at f4 at 1600 asa!

billyh42

And I went to see them when I was a teen (I'm 41 this year)...

You're still a youngster compared to most of the real classic rock bands Carl!

I've never missed a Schenker gig since 1979 (yes I was a teen then as well) either with UFO or MSG!

Having Gary Barden back in the band makes a huge difference and hopefully MSG can now claw back some of the respect that they deserve?

billyh42

Last edited:
Great shots - spectacular panoramas!

Good to see Michael back with MSG!

It must have been brilliant to see MSG in such a small venue as all the other gigs that they've lined up are the huge European festivals?

pg32

God this brings back memories. Saw Schenker with both UFO and the Scorpions many years ago, amazing guitarist.
You've taken some great pictures in difficult light conditions, well done.
Just hope my pictures come out as well as yours when I see Whitesnake, Def Leppard and Black Stone Cherry tonight.

Saw Schenker with both UFO and the Scorpions many years ago, amazing guitarist./QUOTE]

Yes and it's funny that although UFO never miss a chance to slag him off, it's only the albums where Schenker wrote the songs that they had any success with, not to mention the fact that they're still touring with a set-list from the Schenker days!

pg32

Saw Schenker with both UFO and the Scorpions many years ago, amazing guitarist.

Yes and it's funny that although UFO never miss a chance to slag him off, it's only the albums where Schenker wrote the songs that they had any success with, not to mention the fact that they're still touring with a set-list from the Schenker days!

pg32

I love the Michael Schenker Group, a mate introduced me to them about a year ago....

Nice photos btw :LOL:

Good timing then considering this is the first time they've gigged together for about 20 years! LOL! :)

I think it might even be longer than that for the Schenker/Barden line-up!

billyh42

I think a lot of people assume that Chris Glen was an original member when he wasn't!

I think Chris joined along with his SAHB bandmate, Ted McKenna for the second album!

billyh42

I think Chris joined along with his SAHB bandmate, Ted McKenna for the second album!

No, Chris joined in 1981 for the "MSG" album, Ted McKenna replaced the late Cozy Powell for the third studio album, "Assault Attack", in 1982.

pg32

No, Chris joined in 1981 for the "MSG" album, Ted McKenna replaced the late Cozy Powell for the third studio album, "Assault Attack", in 1982.

pg32

You are of course completely correct!

billyh42

You are of course completely correct!

Doesn't happen too often!

But Gary & Mikey are the only original members of MSG!

pg32

Back