Michaela Bridal Portraits

Name
Ryan
Edit My Images
Yes
Michaela, taken at Thorpe Hall, Peterborough.

1)
6897808367_6e93702b1d_b.jpg

2)
6897828383_aa10d6a585_b.jpg

3)
6897825141_19a4dcdb7a_b.jpg

4)
6897833301_59ce397c92_b.jpg

5)
6897841973_6f1a66f4e6_b.jpg

6)
6897812245_b07a9156e0_b.jpg

Hope you like….

All excellent shots there. I particularly like the last one. How did you light the back of her dress - was it a reflector, off camera flash, or just ambient lighting?

Love No's 2, 4 & 6 mate....brilliant!

Darryl

Hmmmmm, I feel these could do with a bit of a levels adjust to make the 1st 5 a tad brighter. Even using the auto level on these gives them a bit more punch.

Edit : Not on #5 as this looks like it already has had a levels adjust done and the skin tone looks better as a result compared to the others.

Last edited:
wow some great pics you have there!

Thank you Alan :)

All excellent shots there. I particularly like the last one. How did you light the back of her dress - was it a reflector, off camera flash, or just ambient lighting?

Many thanks. Just natural light on the last one - slight over exposure if anything. :)

Love No's 2, 4 & 6 mate....brilliant!

Darryl

Cheers Darryl :)

Hi Ryan, another great set, like them all but #6 is without doubt my favourite, I just love good B&W images.

jeff

Many thanks mate :)

Hmmmmm, I feel these could do with a bit of a levels adjust to make the 1st 5 a tad brighter. Even using the auto level on these gives them a bit more punch.

Edit : Not on #5 as this looks like it already has had a levels adjust done and the skin tone looks better as a result compared to the others.

Fair enough mate.

Feel free to take one of the images and adjust it as you see fit. I'd love to see your take on them :)

Good set Ryan...love them all. but particularly like 4 though a real bride would be complaining of sore feet after standing in the church alone in those heels :)

Good set Ryan...love them all. but particularly like 4 though a real bride would be complaining of sore feet after standing in the church alone in those heels :)

Many thanks Tezz. I must admit I hadn't seen her shoes until we shot this one. I thought she had grown from turning up in her track suit and trainers to getting the dress on :LOL: They are without doubt the biggest heels I've ever seen and I'd love to see a bride get through a day in these!!

Coincidently I dreamt about you the other night. Sorry!!

No probs Ryan, again as you know it is all subjective.

ryanboy-copy.jpg

Just an auto levels in CS5 and a slight lighten of her iris'

What do you think?

I must have smudged a bit over her right ear...lol....oops.

Last edited:
Nice set but as weddings portrait stuff goes i think that 4 looks a bit "slutty...."

Don't get me wrong, love the shot but it is the feet the same distance from the wall and the dark shadow over her thigh that drags my eye in to see the knickers....

Now it might just be me that sees it like that, but it looks like she is getting ready for a fumble...

All of them are stunning, especially 2 and 6.

Thanks very much :)
Saw these today Ryan on your FB page. As always great set!

Cheers Chris :)

Wow, these are stunning! A beautiful set of images :)

Thank you :)
very nice, especially the last one

Cheers! :)

Nice set but as weddings portrait stuff goes i think that 4 looks a bit "slutty...."

Don't get me wrong, love the shot but it is the feet the same distance from the wall and the dark shadow over her thigh that drags my eye in to see the knickers....

Now it might just be me that sees it like that, but it looks like she is getting ready for a fumble...

I tend to agree with you - that's why Facebook will never see this one. I guess this is what happens when you get a glamour model to pose as a bride :D Although I have to say I thought she was excellent on the day :)

No probs Ryan, again as you know it is all subjective.

ryanboy-copy.jpg

Just an auto levels in CS5 and a slight lighten of her iris'

What do you think?

I must have smudged a bit over her right ear...lol....oops.

Yep, that's better Tom. So I guess that's a slide to the left with the midtones in CS5? Good call!!

Another brilliant selection, the B&G should be very happy with them!

Darryl

#8 is the best by far although I do wish you would try and shoot a bit wider some times as you always seem to fill the frame with your subject.

Last edited:
She hasn't even got a boyfriend mate :D This was a model and the aim of the shoot was purely practice. I like to do this from time to time to work on different things and get my eye in - especially as wedding season is almost upon me. Apologies if I didn't make it clearer….

It was also a great opportunity to shoot with Kerry and let her see how I bumble my way through a shoot :D

Full Kudos to you then mate.....
My mate and I have a few weddings this year starting in March & our first "international" shoot in Malta in September.....:yes:

Darryl

Go you!! (y)

Will it be your first one? When you say your mate and you - who will be the main photographer? I would advise you to have a main and a second.

What can one say that hasn,t already been said? I do wonder how any chap could not want to be with her, if only I was a good few years younger and still single.

Realspeed

What can one say that hasn,t already been said? I do wonder how any chap could not want to be with her, if only I was a good few years younger and still single.

Realspeed

Lol - I know, being easily old enough to be her dad made me feel quite miserable :(

Those are stunning - really beautiful - but I did think (before I read the rest of the thread) she wasn't a "real" bride.

I love the views of the back of the dress.

#8 is the best by far although I do wish you would try and shoot a bit wider some times as you always seem to fill the frame with your subject.

Are you sure you meant number 8 Tom?

And I know you don't like the way I shoot but it is my style. It's what I do and I'm not sure I could change it even if I wanted to :(

Are you sure you meant number 8 Tom?

And I know you don't like the way I shoot but it is my style. It's what I do and I'm not sure I could change it even if I wanted to :(

I do mean #8 and I do not dislike your style, I just wish you would mix it up a tad as I know you can do it. Cover more bases etc.

Incorporate your surroundings a bit more and use the buildings as props and frames. #10 is a good example but I feel it just need a bit more all around space.

tiler65 said:
I do mean #8 and I do not dislike your style, I just wish you would mix it up a tad as I know you can do it. Cover more bases etc.

Incorporate your surroundings a bit more and use the buildings as props and frames. #10 is a good example but I feel it just need a bit more all around space.

The overall thing I've learnt with photography is there's no right and wrong, each tog has their own way of doing it if it works for them then great!
In this genre of photography it's the B&G you are aiming to please... No one else.

Lovely set of images. I can't comment on the technical aspects as I don't know what they look like on your monitor. Mine could be quite different. Love the composition though. Spot on

Many thanks Tezz. I must admit I hadn't seen her shoes until we shot this one. I thought she had grown from turning up in her track suit and trainers to getting the dress on :LOL: They are without doubt the biggest heels I've ever seen and I'd love to see a bride get through a day in these!!

Coincidently I dreamt about you the other night. Sorry!!

:LOL::LOL::LOL: I just hope I was good!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Back