Michelle Monroe - ISL Studio

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken at the ISL Studio meet last night..

Setup for these was two lights on the background to overexpose to white, one 140cm oct softbox to the models left, and a 24" square softbox high up to the models right.

3. - My personal favourite from the ones I've processed so far, something a bit different so I guess not everyone will like it ;)

Sorry about the watermarks, but you can't trust everyone on the internet (these have been uploaded to various places including flickr ;))

Cheers!

Matt

well done, cracking shots, cant wait till next date

what lens have you used for #1? it seems very distorted?

Tom.

The lighting on these works really well, the last image is a particularly good shot. Nice set :)

Hi Matt,
Great shots sir. Love shot 3, how did you enhance the blue of her eye? I have done a couple in a very similar style but don't know how to make the Iris more saturated.
Will post my efforts shortly.
Stu

Hi Stu... I made a selection of the eye, copied to new layer (probably not necessary, but I did it just in case I didn't like the end result of my playing around!) then altered the hue/saturation until I liked it, plus a very little bit of dodging and burning to finish :)

good set. for my personal preference, i'd have used a tighter aperture on the 1st, as I find the DoF distracting from her clothing. The 2nd one I would have gotten lower down to take this shot, as where it was taken makes the model look short and not particularly slim in the legs, which im sure she is. 3rd one is nice, but Id have given this more kick by adding a third or fourth light source (or just using one of the two at the least) to give a beauty lighting touch, meaning a light source quite low angled up slightly, gives the skin and face an overall glow if you get it in right proportion.

Hi matt,

I like number 3,

Nice and simple, nothing fancy. Works well for me.

(and don't apologise about your watermarks, we all know why they're there and if we're all "singing from the same hymnbook", we shouldn't question them :) )

Guy

Great shots, all of these with lovely colours, lighting and poses. The only downside for me is the watermark in the first one running through her nose.

I can't seem to visualise the photo without it and it seems to destroy the overall effect for me, as the eyes and mouth seem perfectly sharp, yet I find myself unable to make out the tip of the nose clearly.

hmmm I want to organize a studio meet! but don't think anybody would come out to the stix!!

All look good but 3 is my favourite.....the only thing you may want to consider is removing one of the catch lights, it doesn't bother me in this instance but I know its one of those things others tend to pick up on.

no.3 cracking colour in her eyes, nice

3 is indeed fantastic, I like one but as Alex has said about 2 the angle has given it a funny appearance, was this taken from a ladder or chair?

Back