Micro 4/3rds EVF'less Owners Thread (GX1, GF1, GF2, GF3, GF5 & Pens)

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
The Micro Four Thirds revolution continues....... who needs a viewfinder anyway (y)

Last edited:
Poor guys not only do you have to put up with your MFT sensor you have no VF either! Just use a iphone!;)!

Last edited:
That horrible moment when I lift my gf3 to my eye and hope nobody noticed lol....

And it's happened more than once lol

Copycat :p

I have a GX1 - if I didn't have ageing eyes, I'd actually be able to use it!

The Micro Four Thirds revolution continues....... who needs a viewfinder anyway (y)

You do, when the sun shines . . . ! I wont have a camera without a viewfinder or a 'fully' animated screen. I use my G1 most of the time with the screen out and cradled at waist hight, large format camera style, very satisfying, very stable and I believe, a superior angle to take a lot of pictures from? However, although shading the screen can help, there are times when one has to resort to the EVF, which, fortunatly is quite good effort on a G1.

The above waist hight view and shielding is often near imposible with fixed screen cameras, and of course there are so many that have eleminated the EVF and the animated screen. A mistake in the name of cost and/or producing a decent EVF, the animation mechanisam saves only a few 'mm' on size but gives away a whole load of practicality and handling advantage?

Since when did the 'arms out front' become a stable way to take a picture?

My humble opinion of course, grumpy head on . . . :naughty: CJS

Last edited:
You do, when the sun shines . . . ! I wont have a camera without a viewfinder or a 'fully' animated screen. I use my G1 most of the time with the screen out and cradled at waist hight, large format camera style, very satisfying, very stable and I believe, a superior angle to take a lot of pictures from? However, although shading the screen can help, there are times when one has to resort to the EVF, which, fortunatly is quite good effort on a G1.

The above waist hight view and shielding is often near imposible with fixed screen cameras, and of course there are so many that have eleminated the EVF and the animated screen. A mistake in the name of cost and/or producing a decent EVF, the animation mechanisam saves only a few 'mm' on size but gives away a whole load of practicality and handling advantage?

Since when did the 'arms out front' become a stable way to take a picture?

My humble opinion of course, grumpy head on . . . :naughty: CJS

I don't get sun in Essex !

I don't. I'm so bad framing is redundant anyway! :D

I don't get sun in Essex !

Ah, I forgot the sun only shines on the ritus . . . phew its a good job I'm just over the border in sunny Suffolk.

All joking apart, its a major issue in my book . . . 'sun on the screen' and 'arms out', zombie tourist stance. These, and serious photography, just don’t mix . . . do they???:thinking:

One does not feel part of the image as one tries to compose on a 3" screen waving about in front, squinting, trying to make out the image on a sun bleached screen?

I will give the DSLR guys there due here, a good THL viewfinder has this 'at one with the image' feeling. The Panasonic G1 EVF for me, has much of the same intimacy with the image because of its perceived size, the clarity is good enough that I can live with it.

Waist shooting with the screen out has to be experienced to be appreciated. Cuddling the camera and therefor the image, its an experience of intimacy, that brings satisfaction . . . :)

CJS

Back