Micro four thirds lens advice

Just a quick update. I found a good deal on a leica dg 15mm f1.7 which turned up the other day. The brief initial testing is very promising, but since its a birthday present I've got to put it away for another month!

We are still looking for a good telephoto lens. I'm trying to convince my wife that the 100-400 is the way forward, but it's so expensive (and we could buy a dji magic Pro for that!).

Thanks for the advice.

Here's an example of the 'softness'. F8 at 1/1250s.View attachment 121931

Did you shoot this with SAF (Single Autofocus) or CAF (Continuous Autofocus)? For a subject quickly moving towards you, you should use CAF. If you use SAF, by the time you press the shutter button the subject could have moved out of the focus plane, which might be why you're having issues with softness.

Did you shoot this with SAF (Single Autofocus) or CAF (Continuous Autofocus)? For a subject quickly moving towards you, you should use CAF. If you use SAF, by the time you press the shutter button the subject could have moved out of the focus plane, which might be why you're having issues with softness.
I use back button auto focus (so CAF). And these photos are showing the green 'in focus' squares in the EVF.

So the 45-200 is gone, to be replaced by a panny 45-150, whilst we save up for some decent glass.

Back