Micro-Nikkor 200mm f4 - first results

Joe T

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
As per my thread here I bought a Micro-Nikkor 200mm f4 lens at the weekend. These are the first results. Taken with 1.4tc (so probably up to 1.1.5 life size), aperture priority mode, f numbers either f5.6 or f8. No flash (cos I forgot :LOL:).

DSC_3879-01a.jpg

DSC_3890-01a.jpg

DSC_3899-01a.jpg

DSC_3916-01a.jpg

Yeah, just kinda meant it was too small a subject to be of much interest.

A criticism levelled at me all to often for my tastes.

Impressive shots Joe. Like nos 1 & 4.

Congrats on a great purchase.

You have to be happy with that lens Joe, Other than the last shot these are excellent mate.:)

I will be looking for your macro posts in future now..(y)

Just seen #5 for the first time. I was wondering what went wrong with that one :)

So it may be better but it don't look right. Looks like the sun was on the lens making it glow.

think my pick would be #3

Nice shots Joe, #4 is a drone fly Eristalis tenax the bees #2&3 are good although these look a little flat on my laptop no doubt due to being shot in natural light hasn't helped. Macro is much better shot with diffused flash I think, it give the shots a clean bright look. That said they are still nice shots.

Now that is impressive stuff Joe ... (y) ... guess the proof of the pudding 'n all that ... :D ... looks to be a serious contender as a macro m8 ... :cautious: ... but that limited DoF is really something else ... :eek:

Cheers for the 'nudge' BTB ... ;)

:p

not bad I suppose :shrug: :D :D :D

Defo better mate. The second one might be slightly overdone though maybe?

I spent such a long time playing with the exposure compensation and the levels that I thought I had done enough! I was applying 1-1.5 stops of expsoure compensation as I think the camera was underexposing them quite a bit. Maybe the 1.4tc confused the metering?

I was also trying to edit them on a screen with a bright sun right behind it - so I pulled out the levels to try and see the detail a bit better lol!

Anyway, enough of the excuses, I will have a reprocess soon, perhaps this weekend. :)

Huh ... :thinking: ... so let's see how you get on with the 'borrowed' 105 VR then LB ... :cautious:

:p

He is in trouble for going shooting without me!!!!! :D :D :D

you think i'm gonna say really nice stuff after that? :LOL:

awwwww! thats lovely! :love: ...... now hand it over!!!!!!!!!! :bat: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

yeah? please hand it over so I can borrow it then? :p

Back