Micro photography time lapses

Name
Paul Campbell
Edit My Images
Yes
So I have a digital microscope. Here is an example of a video recorded on it.
and in photo mode it goes to 12MP and gives results like this:
View: https://i.imgur.com/dFnURyD.jpg

It was while I was playing around putting a camera in my garage to film seedlings in the spring that a light bulb went off. I had software that would take periodic captures from a web camera remotely, for days and days and days. (MotionEyeOS if interested. Does motion detection, video, jpeg, timelapse and multiple remote cameras. Raspberry PI works, no cloud required.)

Sure enough the microscope will connect in "Webcam" mode, giving a little over 1080p IIRC. So leaving the microscope on for days capturing a time lapse was possible.

I tried it with a lettuce seed. I recorded one image every 5 minutes for 5 days, but... I could not stop the seed drying out. 4 layers of kitchen rolled soaked daily and ... it just didn't happen.

So I need ideas. I obviously need to contain the humidity, while avoiding obscuring the camera. The depth of field is extremely short, like 1.5mm, so something like a microscope slide would disappear??? It could also be swapped in and out to defog it a few times a day.

Any other suggestions on what to try a long timelapse of under a microscope?

Back