Review Microglobe

Messiah Khan

Santa is your dad
Name
Alasdair Fowler
Edit My Images
Yes
I would like to warn people away from Microglobe. I have tried to use them several times now, and each time has ended in dissapointment. They will often list items at a much cheaper price than their competitors, but when it comes to ordering the items, your order will stay 'pending' for ages. A lot of what they claim is in stock is infact not in stock at all. When I've asked them why an item hasn't been dispatched, they simply change the item status to 'Delivey time 3-5 days'(sic), which means; "We haven't got a clue when its going to be in stock." So my verdict on Microglobe is; :thumbsdown:

I had the same outcome as you with this company when ordering a tripod, had to cancel my order in the end and get from somewhere else.

I've heard good and bad reports about them and have good and bad experiences.

Last year I ordered a Tokina Lens and polariser off them, which were apparently in stock. The filter arrived in a couple of days, but after a few weeks and several emails / phone calls i cancelled the order for the lens as they were still trying to find a source in hong kong to import it from. :eek:

I ended up ordering it from digital rev in Hong Kong myself, who had plenty in stock, and it arrived about a week later.

Their prices are sometimes competitive, but i wish that they could back them up with actually delivering the goods.

I had a similar issue as well. I found a Canon 10-22 on their site for £329. To good to be true I know but the day after I placed the order, they came back to me to say that "they would not be getting any stock in until after Christmas....oh and by the way, we have a Sigma 10-20...!" Initially I told them I would wait, but in the end I cancelled!

I got it from Kerso in the end for £390 less the £55 cashback, so in the end only £5 more!

I won't bother with them again myself.

I've ordered one lens from them before which was listed cheapers than anywhere else I could find it in the UK (canon 135mm F2.8 SF), phoned them to see if it was in stock, ordered it and it arrived the next day.

Back