Microwave pizza

Name
mike
Edit My Images
Yes
can you cook pizza in the microwave google is telling me yes and no, if so how

No, just no! You can melt the cheese, but the crust will be soggy. One of those microwaves that's also a proper fan oven works well, but that's cheating.

Microwave/grill - yes. Microwave on its own - no.

You can warm it up in a microwave, but any more than thirty seconds or so, it just goes soggy.

Of course, you can get small pizzas designed to be cooked in the microwave, but they're awful. :puke:

Google is right with both its answers - yes, you can but no, you shouldn't! It'll go soggy. I'd rather have it cold than reheated in a microwave. Funnily enough, we've got pizza for supper tonight so will prep some cashews for roasting while the oven's hot.

Cold pizza is the best.
Just not cold, uncooked pizza. We had a 'raw food' restaurant near where I used to work, where 'raw pizza' was on the menu. I never found out exactly what that meant, which is probably just as well. The restaurant didn't last very long.

Just not cold, uncooked pizza. We had a 'raw food' restaurant near where I used to work, where 'raw pizza' was on the menu. I never found out exactly what that meant, which is probably just as well. The restaurant didn't last very long.

A lot of chewing I suspect.

Maybe made with some other base. Mrs WW has just watched a vid on line about pizza on a slice of bread... That doesn't sound like a pizza to me, more like the basis of a nice sandwich.

No

No, just no! You can melt the cheese, but the crust will be soggy. One of those microwaves that's also a proper fan oven works well, but that's cheating.

I used to mw mini pizzas when I was in college and very lazy, the base would harden up, almost like a biscuit - far from soggy - might just have been that particular type of pizza

I used to mw mini pizzas when I was in college and very lazy, the base would harden up, almost like a biscuit - far from soggy - might just have been that particular type of pizza
I did try it last year with a regular plate size pizza that would otherwise have gone to waste when an oven wasn't available. It didn't end well. Nuked it until the cheese turned to lava, but the base was still a floppy mess.

I did try it last year with a regular plate size pizza that would otherwise have gone to waste when an oven wasn't available. It didn't end well. Nuked it until the cheese turned to lava, but the base was still a floppy mess.

Definitely was just the type of base then with the cheap ones I used to MW - they were the store's own brand, 4 in a pack for like €1.99, and the cheese on top would kind of disintegrate and the base went hard like a biscuit. Thinking on it now I'm glad I learned to cook over time :ROFLMAO: I wouldn't feed that crap to a dog these days

The only way to really cook a pizza is in a pizza oven, but the second best way is to buy a pizza stone or a piece of granite cut to size. Place on a shelf in the centre of an oven preheated at 250C for at least 20 minutes, then carefully get the pizza onto the stone and cook for at least 10 minutes.

All this fuss over a bit of dough with assorted left overs thrown on top and covered in cheese ....

No I don't like Pizza, nor can I see the fascination for it....

(Steps back suspecting I'm about to get flamed :D )

Last edited:
I do like pizza but microwaved pizza is horrible just ruins it

All this fuss over a bit of dough with assorted left overs thrown on top and covered in cheese ....

No I don't like Pizza, nor can I see the fascination for it....

(Steps back suspecting I'm about to get flamed :D )

Pineapple makes it magic!

Back