Mid-life crisis......the stringed instrument thread.

Now we just need the clip of Nigel Tufnel doing his classical turn. ;)

On a slightly different note ( :LOL: ) I do wish people playing classical stuff could just use a little less gain. I admire their ability and the determination they had to learn and adapt the pieces, but if that same dedication could be applied to tonal quality, the listener's experience would be much more pleasant.

Last edited:
In today's lesson we moved onto chords, A,C & E, finger placement (pain again, no one mentioned that) and changing chords. Tab. tune was 'Whole lotta love' by the greatest rock'n'roll band the world has ever seen. This time next year Rodney...........

In today's lesson we moved onto chords, A,C & E, finger placement (pain again, no one mentioned that) and changing chords. Tab. tune was 'Whole lotta love' by the greatest rock'n'roll band the world has ever seen. This time next year Rodney...........

Wait until you get to the pleasure of barre chords. ;)

And then the Status Quo riff. Gotta stretch that pinkie. :cool:

He’s got to go through the agony of the learning to play an F chord first. I can remember nearly crying with frustration with that one. :confused:

My first guitar had a cheese cutter action, and I absolutely could not hack an F. Along came a bitza electric that I assembled and suddenly barre chords were possible. Having a half decent instrument makes an enormous difference.

My first guitar had a cheese cutter action, and I absolutely could not hack an F. Along came a bitza electric that I assembled and suddenly barre chords were possible. Having a half decent instrument makes an enormous difference.

Not been in her for a while, since last posting I have a new guitar....yay me! a Fender Newporter semi-acoustic in bright red. I also have a new tutor, it's a long story.

Back