Midnight, nothing on telly and bored of playing on the XBOX

Name
James
Edit My Images
No
Time to grab a lightbulb and the camera.

It's nothing serious just for fun really, was frustrated at having nothing to do (and wasnt tired) so thought this would make a fun photo.

Taken with a constant light source (walimex ring light), camera on remote timer and shot with a 50mm prime.

bw-1.jpg

I quite enjoy doing self portraits on timer, its really hard to get right as framing is very difficult, but its worth doing just to think outside the box sometimes...;)

Love the light in this James, maybe a little more on the face, looks dark on my screen.
Might be my monitor.

It might be your monitor Roger (although it might just be a subjective thing!), I think is a great shot. Lighting just catches teeth and lips so it looks like you're jumping out of the shadows. Creative, I like it.

(y)

A bit self indulgent for my liking.

The light source needs to come down a fraction to show more of your face rather than forehead.

I knew it could be hit and miss with this kind of shot, as I wanted it very dark, but with just enough light to accentuate the lower protruding elements of my facial structure, without showing the skin. Really hard to do on remote timer!!!

Tis only for fun anyway :D

Last edited:
very zombie. I like it!

Back