Beginner Mike browne

Edit My Images
No
Hi after watching a lot of his videos on YouTube am I right in thinking he is good or am I missing out on someone else

He has a very entertaining persona and thus makes what he does teach stick with you. He's got a very diverse guide, somewhat basic but very informative.

He is very easy to understand, and has a lot of informative videos.

Early days at the moment. I'm expecting block 3 this afternoon, but with the weather being to crap I've not had much chance to do the exercises properly.

I'm watching the videos, but will probably revisit it all again when the weather is better to complete all the worksheets.

What extra do you get because I thought he had a video on virtually all aspects of photography and goes through them quite well;)

The course is not the normal run of the mill, exposure, settings type tutorials.

It's more to do with your mindset and how to approach a photograph. It's teaching you to slow things down, visualise the image, think about lighting, how it looks now and how it may change, how moving a bit to the left or right can significantly improve an image both in terms of lighting and composition. That's as far as I have got so far :)

A lot of new photographers go out and snap all and sundry and may come back with some lucky keepers. This course is it essentially training your brain to think before you shoot. Know what you want from a photo before taking the camera out.

This is not for somebody starting out who doesn't understand exposure or basic composition. you need to have that in the bag already.

I found his videos really useful when I first started out, he has a way to explain things in a simple way. He uses analogies, visuals aids and has bundles of personality that makes watching the videos entertaining. I have to admit, I've not watched any of his more recent videos though.

The course is not the normal run of the mill, exposure, settings type tutorials.

It's more to do with your mindset and how to approach a photograph. It's teaching you to slow things down, visualise the image, think about lighting, how it looks now and how it may change, how moving a bit to the left or right can significantly improve an image both in terms of lighting and composition. That's as far as I have got so far :)

A lot of new photographers go out and snap all and sundry and may come back with some lucky keepers. This course is it essentially training your brain to think before you shoot. Know what you want from a photo before taking the camera out.

This is not for somebody starting out who doesn't understand exposure or basic composition. you need to have that in the bag already.

Exactly what I needed to hear thank you :)

I may purchase it this year.

When I started off, with Mike's videos, I had a couple of "Aha, so that's what I'm doing wrong!" moments. Especially when he mentioned the general rule of thumb about having the shutter speed greater than the focal length when handholding. Stopped me taking so many blurry shots!

Back