Milk drop collision

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
Hi all... C&C appreciated as always...:)

Milk dropped into coloured water! I really like how the milk behaves and very pleased with this shot! (missed the framing a bit though) ... Thanks for looking Steve

3853714026_1bc29f80a2.jpg

Last edited:
Well I haven't seen one like that before. Great capture :clap:

good stuff again :clap: Steve how are you doing it, like getting milk and water, I know how to get the collision with 2 water drops, its how do you get the water drops and milk drops to line up, have you got a shot of your set up at all, that we can see,

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.. Dave, the water is in the bowl and the milk is in the dropper! Sorry no photos of the set up but will try and get some posted (y)

Ah right Steve so its not like a water drooped into water and a split second later milk is dropped in to collide with the water spout its just milk drops into water then (y)

Ah right Steve so its not like a water drooped into water and a split second later milk is dropped in to collide with the water spout its just milk drops into water then (y)

Spot on Dave...

Just looked at your Flickr and added a favourite - would LOVE to have a go at something like this one day but don't think I'd manage it with the basic bits I have. One day eh!

Superb shot!

Is there a reason you didn't add a bit of space at the top in editing software?

Cool

Thanks again everyone and glad you like it (y)

Superb shot!

Is there a reason you didn't add a bit of space at the top in editing software?

Yes! ........ I never thought about it :bonk: Good idea though :clap:

Oh OK! Was trying to find a polite way of suggesting it. Did wonder if you were anti-photoshop.

It is an amazing shot in any case

Oh OK! Was trying to find a polite way of suggesting it. Did wonder if you were anti-photoshop.

It is an amazing shot in any case

(y)

Top shot Splog (y)

Did you have a rig set up to trigger the shutter to capture the moment, or was it more of a (dare I say it) luck-shot, with the shutter on continouous?

Top shot Splog (y)

Did you have a rig set up to trigger the shutter to capture the moment, or was it more of a (dare I say it) luck-shot, with the shutter on continouous?

Thanks, I use a timing device to actuate a solenoid valve with a delay between drops, which then sets a delay after the second drop to fire the flash! more importantly loads of luck...:)

Just been waiting for you to produce the millennium wheel and by jove you gone and done it (y)

Back