Milky Way and Channel storms, Isle of Wight

Name
Ainsley
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All, this is my first post on here and is a shot I took a while back when storms were raging across the channel islands over 100 miles away from my location at St Catherine's lighthouse, Isle of Wight. I used a Nikon D800 with a Samyang 14mm. ISO 5000, 39 seconds at f/2.8.

Milky way and storms St Catherines Lighthouse by Ainsleyiow1, on Flickr

Last edited:
Reactions: Jez
Always amazed by this sort of photograph, and have to say love the contrast of the storm and the Milky Way! The only thing that I find slightly distracting is the foreground, I can't quite put my finger on it, I just think it doesn't add to the stunning background! I am however totally inept at this sort of thing so please do feel free to ignore!

BMG, I agree with you I think I overdid the light painting on the foreground I would have preferred it left natural. Unfortunately this shot was the best of the bunch:)

Hell, be proud of it! think it's great, please go out & take some more to post up!

I have been a bit obsessed with the milky way this year so have plenty more to put up.

Great shot, I love photgraphing the Milkyway (Not great at it at the moment but thats another story) I agree with what has been said about the foreground, could you not knock it back a little using a grad or adjustment brush in Lightroom?

Last edited:
Back