Milky Way complete arch

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm having some fun on holiday in a place we've visited many times and I've attempted to capture the milky way here before without success. At last, an image with the complete arch. It's not the best and there is a fair amount of distortion as the arch is more or less overhead. PTI Gui helped with stitching the panorama from 24, 24mm images taken with Samyang 24mm 1.4.

full

That is great work for the arch being so high in the sky! (y)

I've only attempted it with it low enough to fit in a single vertical row for the sky pano.

I'm having some fun on holiday in a place we've visited many times and I've attempted to capture the milky way here before without success. At last, an image with the complete arch. It's not the best and there is a fair amount of distortion as the arch is more or less overhead. PTI Gui helped with stitching the panorama from 24, 24mm images taken with Samyang 24mm 1.4.

full
Love that

Thanks!

With the infrequent opportunities to take a picture like this, it's been a long drawn out learning experience.

PTI Gui (I'm on version 11) has been the biggest help as it gives you a lot of control over the stitching. For astro, I find you still need to go in picture by picture and carefully add control points so the program can figure out how to line them all up. Now I've learned to use it, I may go back to old panorama sets from years back that could not be stitched automatically.

Excellent work, well done indeed:)

Back