Milky Way, New Attempt From Dalby Forest

Name
Gareth Jones
Edit My Images
No
After my last miserable attempt i have been waiting for a good clear dark night to go to a dark sky spot. Last night was that night and i headed to Dalby forest and I'm glad i did it was amazing!

Any hints and tips would be very much appreciated

Milky Way Dalby Forest by garethjones206, on Flickr

Great capture of the milky way itself (y)

The foreground however doesn't really add anything to the picture for me as it doesn't add to the structural composition, isn't that interesting in itself and the exposure is either too high or massively under. Sort of finding a new foreground you could try some light painting (i.e. shine a torch at it) to bring some interest to the foreground by making it visible.

Thanks Nawty of the advice, ii did try some with light painting the trees although i maybe over did it :O theres always next time though this is addictive :)

Thanks Nawty of the advice, ii did try some with light painting the trees although i maybe over did it :O theres always next time though this is addictive :)

Now you know how to get the Milky Way (and that really is a cracker, great detail and depth with no star trail) you can concentrate on the composition, I look forward to the results :)

Back