Milky Way (Second attempt)

If all you can pick out is the frame then I'm happy :) , personally think white frames give you good idea on how it would look mounted, also display better on flickr IMO. Cheers for the comment.

Awesome Neil, Im gonna go and watch me some tutorials right now!! Really well blended, there's nothing that suggest to me that this is a blend at all. super nice work
Cheers mate :) Just set up and shot right at end of blue hour for the foreground then waited 30mins for the MW to move round and become more visible.

Wow that has certainly inspired me. There are a few locations not far from me that apparently are good for milky way shooting so going to do some research and google Mikko Lagerstedt and try for some shots. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

That's just showing off now! The first one was cracking, this is different and I'd say more interesting - to me anyway

Lovely! I posted in your first attempt post that stacking was the way to go before reading this, D'oh! Try stacking a few more, things can only get better, as someone sang! In critic mode [ as an astronomer!] I'd like it a little darker, just as smidgen in levels, middle pushed a bit to the right, then it's perfect for me but whatever, very nice image.:clap:

Superb, very inspiring.

Can't wait to get out and try it again soon.

Phew Neil, glad it wasn't another single long exposure :DThat looks pretty damn good to me and nicely processed.

Now off to google this Mr Lagerstedt chap.

Really like the cool blue tones in this....a nice difference to many Milky Way shots!

I can only join the general enthusiasm! (y)

Nice work (y)

Wow that has certainly inspired me. There are a few locations not far from me that apparently are good for milky way shooting so going to do some research and google Mikko Lagerstedt and try for some shots. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

That's just showing off now! The first one was cracking, this is different and I'd say more interesting - to me anyway

Lovely! I posted in your first attempt post that stacking was the way to go before reading this, D'oh! Try stacking a few more, things can only get better, as someone sang! In critic mode [ as an astronomer!] I'd like it a little darker, just as smidgen in levels, middle pushed a bit to the right, then it's perfect for me but whatever, very nice image.:clap:

Now isn't this a belter! Not one for stacking images from different time periods as they usually don't work but this does rather well due to the colours and tones. Nicely done!

Superb, very inspiring.

Can't wait to get out and try it again soon.

Phew Neil, glad it wasn't another single long exposure :DThat looks pretty damn good to me and nicely processed.

Now off to google this Mr Lagerstedt chap.

Really like the cool blue tones in this....a nice difference to many Milky Way shots!

Nice technique, works well to create a great image.

I can only join the general enthusiasm! (y)

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone :)

wow an excellent image as everyone has stated! that must have been a pretty dark spot to shoot from, nearest dark spot is about an hour and half away from my location

wow an excellent image as everyone has stated! that must have been a pretty dark spot to shoot from, nearest dark spot is about an hour and half away from my location
Thanks Gareth , there was pretty much no light pollution so very dark and the MW was so clear.

Absolutely nailed it Neil. That is one sublime image. Congrats mate.

Absolutely beautiful, Neil.
Love the framed presentation too.

I keep coming back to this.
If it were mine it would take some serious wall room.

My wall awaits if you get tired of it. :)

That's gorgeous. I'd lover to be able to produce something like that.

Back