"Millennium Stone Reworked Thanks Everyone Who Commented

Just Dave

In Memoriam
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

After yesterdays upload of these shots I have now reworked them with the suggestions, Thanks Everyone Who Commented, any better, I have de-ghosted the clouds which was the main point, apart from suggested crops

Millennium Stone, AKA Hundred Year Stone The Trust Centenary Stone, Derwent Water by Just Daves Photos, on Flickr

Millennium Stone, AKA Hundred Year Stone The Trust Centenary Stone, Derwent Water by Just Daves Photos, on Flickr

Thanks again all who commented

Dave

Last edited:
Thats alot better Dave the last one works for me

Last edited:
Last one for me too.

For composition I'd probably pick #2 but 1 and 2 have a sky that is dark at the top and it is obviously filtered to look like that. The filters were too dark. I rarely use grad filters now and if the sky needs to come down a stop I do it in Lightroom mainly because filters often look obvious.

Clouds are certainly better than the version posted in landscapes and scenery ;)

sorry Dave, didnt mean to muddy the water with my post. Have moved it on flickr so it doesnt show up on here. I preferred yours anyway.. :)

sorry Dave, didnt mean to muddy the water with my post. Have moved it on flickr so it doesnt show up on here. I preferred yours anyway.. :)

No problem Mike you werent to know, as said Im sure if you start a thread of your own it will be well received and get loads of comments (y)

Yours. The crop version without filter darkened sky.

The dry picture is good too but he can start his own thread if he wants comments :)

Thanks Robert I was unsure if you meant mine but yes I like the the last one wish Id have gone in a bit close now maybe next time and I hope its dry as in Mikes pic I didnt release some times it was under the water

What a lovely set, I think the exposures are all spot on in all three photos.

Out of them, I felt drawn to No 3 as that's when I noticed the etching on the rock.

hi Dave
good work and attention to detail...and suggestions
winning attitude
cheers
Geof

note caps..;)

Hi, Dave, I saw the originals are these are very nice. Great composition, lovely reflections, great details and I like the muted tones.

Just had a flick through your Flickr :) and you certainly have a good eye for spotting a good photograph.

I tried hard to pick a favourite but I like them all.

Cheers.

Hi Dave,, see the stones are more prominent on no.3 which i like.
yours i mean not the out of water jobbies

Lovely capture in what looks like a very tranquil place Dave.

Thats alot better Dave the last one works for me

What a lovely set, I think the exposures are all spot on in all three photos.

Out of them, I felt drawn to No 3 as that's when I noticed the etching on the rock.

Hi Dave

That's much better.Number 3 is my favourite.It's shows off the stone much better but still manages to catch the bigger vista.
Last time I was at that part of the lake you could actually sit on the rock without getting your feet wet.

cheers
Gary

:agree:

Very nice Dave, loving 2 & 3. But at a push, 3 just edges it. Must get myself up there one day, looks stunning. Nice work :clap:

Thanks very much everyone for your kind comment Im really glad I listened to everyone on the other thread who mentioned the clouds, to be honest I didnt notice them until it was mentioned the woow the penny dropped, and thanks to you all, Im now pleased with these shots

so a big thanks to all again :clap::clap::clap:

Back