Mindshift 180 Panorama

ped

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys

I've struggled for a while to find a bag that suits my needs. I shoot two cameras, one digital rangefinder and one film SLR.

Most backpacks cater for the DSLR market + several lenses and are way too much for me. Most that offer a mix of space for personal bits like a jacket etc and a camera slant towards the single body fixed lens camera market. There didn't seem to be much in between.

90% of the time I take a small camera insert into a messenger bag but when on field trips with my school or on long walks it can be a pain, especially as any other non camera items have to go above or under the insert. Typically you see a shot you want and by the time you've moved all the crap in your bag out of the way to retrieve said camera you've lost the shot or 30+ teenagers in my care are scattering perilously across the landscape terrorising locals and animals alike.

I just bought one of these Mindshift bags for a couple of trips coming up this summer.

http://www.carryology.com/bags/drive-mindshift-180-panorama/

I think it looks pretty good and should be a good balance between a daypack and a camera bag. Being able to access the camera so easily is great, I've tried Lowepro 'side access' bags before but again they only work well with a DSLR and biggish lens, my little rangefinder rolls around and doesn't fit the inserts when inserted sideways and I can only access the one camera anyway.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has tried one (did a search, didn't see any posts) but I'll be taking delivery next week if anyone is interested to hear my feedback.

Cheers
ped

Back