Mini at dusk

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a shot of my Mini at dusk using my new micro 4/3 camera; any thoughts? I'm new to car photography.

Mini dusk
by pjwebbs, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!

I like the lighting but I think it's slightly at an angle and the railings coming out the back of the mini are distracting.
If you like it though that is all that matters.
Thanks for sharing.

To be honest it's not really doing it for me, to my personal taste it's far to central, and side on, okay it not totally side on but it's near as damn it side on, I do really like the idea of the sun setting through the car but the colours do feel a little off, the sky is a little too yellow to look realistic, and the location is not really interest at all but still manages to distract from the subject thanks to the trees sticking out the roof of the car :(

Matt

I'm only viewing this on my iPad, but I disagree with everyone else and really like this. I'd crop the right side closer to the car (really quite tight), but other than that I think it's great

Edit: actually, after a second look, keep e same aspect ratio but remove most of what's below and right of the car. A closer crop should really help it.

Last edited:
Hi Paul,

I have to agree with other people's comments regarding distractions, the frame just doesn't look clean enough with the branches sprouting out of the top and the fence to the sides. That coupled with the lens flare, to my eyes at least, have kinda ruined the subject. I like the idea of what you've done, I'm just not sure the execution really does the car justice but I'm sure it can with a slight rethink.

Hope that helps. :)

Thanks for the mixed reviews guys, all feed back is much appreciated. I really want to improve my car photography in 2014 and I feel i need to do my mini justice!

Back