Mini Cooper S (Dirty)

Name
Edward
Edit My Images
No
My friend asked me to take some pictures of his car. He had new suspension fitted today and wanted some pictures to show it off. This was my first attempt at taking pictures of a Non-Moving car. Naturally my imagination ran wild and was able to really experiment and try new things. It is so much easier to take risks because you know its not going anywhere! Im so used to taking pictures of Motorsport.

Here is my friends favourite. But please take a look at the others on my flickr and let me know what you think. :)

Mini Cooper S No. 5 by raprager14

I managed to use all three of my lenses, the 18-55mm kit lens, 50mm 1.8 and 70-300m Tamron Di LD. This shot was taken with the Tamron lens and required me to press myself right up against a wall at least 50m away. I took a similar shot with the 50mm but the perspective just wasn't as good.

For a few of the shots I tried out the nice little feature on my tripod which allows the main platform to be put upside down in the legs. This allowed me to take some shots which were lower than the car!

Apparently the car was modified in the middle of a muddy field! When he showed up I had a face palm moment and have arranged to have another shoot with the car nicely polished. Might invest in a polarised filter too!

I prefer the sots on your flickr where the car is shot from a low viewpoint, a good varied set though.

Another good way of getting down low Ed, is get hold of a gorilla pod, nice and sturdy and can get it almost to the ground.

Nice shot btw, will go have a peek at your flickr, i need some inspiration :)

Thanks Steve. As this was my first shoot like this I wanted to try everything I could with what I had so good practice for the the real thing (when he gets it cleaned!)

With the Manfrotto tripod I could get the lens resting on the ground. The only downside being I have to use Live View on Cam or on my laptop to compose the shot!

One shot a tried putting together but didnt get the right exposures was a HDR type image where the darker exposer was just of the headlights. I hadnt accounted for how bright the xenons could be so couldnt really work with what I had but hopefully will try it again next time out!

some good images there. 2,3 and 4 work the best for me as they really highlight the stance of the whole car!

Back