GF
Edit My Images
No
GFW_11521.jpg

GFW_1159.jpg

GFW_1156.jpg

GFW_1192.jpg

GFW_1194.jpg

The Veyron (any Veyron really) is a good looking beast. All purposeful design...

Insanely jealous of a) your ability and b) the chance to shoot such machines...

You using the 10-20 on the D700 in crop mode? Or the D300 for rig shots? Those starbursts off the MINI headlights look familiar.

I had a real Cooper S in 1969, it was 997cc bored out to 1275cc and used more oil than petrol, but boy whaat a car, not like BMW's pretend.S.
Unfortunately I cannot find a photo of it.

I took a Cooper S for a test drive in the 60's, great performance, but wasn't sure I could stand the noise on a long run, OK for short runs impressing girls on the seafront. So bought something sensible instead.

car photography isn't really my thing, so maybe i shouldn't really comment too much.

but hey, i'm going to...........:LOL:

Veyron - one i like the most is the first one where it's framed by the hedge and the tree - it's something a bit different..... i assume the blue / black colour scheme works better in teh flesh so to speak than on a monitor. £1m for a car and you pick those colours? :wacky:

Also I like the detail shots of the interior with the shallow DOF - again something different, and makes me want to know whats there in the OOF areas.

£5 says the owner didn't let you take it for a spin.

Cooper - now I'm not going to get into the old cooper vs the new cooper debate, as I really don't care....... :LOL:

This one though, all in black is really nice as a car. I quite like the one of it facing out of the (whatever it's in) look's all ready to go, however to me, the one with the back end poking out says "parked car"

Fave of the three though is the last one............ I assume, you had one of those rig things with suction cups (sorry for being so technical) could easily see that as a backdrop for an article in "some motoring magazine" (y)

car photography isn't really my thing, so maybe i shouldn't really comment too much.

but hey, i'm going to...........:LOL:

Veyron - one i like the most is the first one where it's framed by the hedge and the tree - it's something a bit different..... i assume the blue / black colour scheme works better in teh flesh so to speak than on a monitor. £1m for a car and you pick those colours? :wacky:

Also I like the detail shots of the interior with the shallow DOF - again something different, and makes me want to know whats there in the OOF areas.

£5 says the owner didn't let you take it for a spin.

Cooper - now I'm not going to get into the old cooper vs the new cooper debate, as I really don't care....... :LOL:

This one though, all in black is really nice as a car. I quite like the one of it facing out of the (whatever it's in) look's all ready to go, however to me, the one with the back end poking out says "parked car"

Fave of the three though is the last one............ I assume, you had one of those rig things with suction cups (sorry for being so technical) could easily see that as a backdrop for an article in "some motoring magazine" (y)

I'm not a fan of the looks of the veyron at all, but love it for the engineering. It definitely looks best in Bugatti Blue...

I didn't get a spin, but I'm not too fussed. I've driven more charismatic and valuable cars :wacky:

Agreed with front vs rear shot. Front is just better.
Rig shot is awful. I've got a better one, but I'm fed up of editing rig shots at the moment!

Rig shot is awful. I've got a better one, but I'm fed up of editing rig shots at the moment!

:LOL: I refer you to my opening gambit....... "I don't get car photography"..... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I feel your pain with the rig shots, I spent a few hours last night editing rig shots lol.

You already know my views on the shots.

Oh and for the older lot not putting anything helpful in this thread. It is a proper mini cooper S so deal with it and grow up.

i need rig equipment in my life i love them so much altho i can guess the amount of time needed to edit!

The Veyron isnt a good looking car in my opinion, but I do like the pictures here, you've shown it off to its best, number 9 of the beemer is good too (y)

Last edited:
I feel your pain with the rig shots, I spent a few hours last night editing rig shots lol.

You already know my views on the shots.

Oh and for the older lot not putting anything helpful in this thread. It is a proper mini cooper S so deal with it and grow up.

Curious as to why the rig shots need so much editing? Can you post an 'un-edited' rig shot so we can see what you mean?

Great work as ever. The Veyron shot with the lights bugs me a little, but not too much!

Awww I'd be nagging him all the time to take me out for a spin altho I reckon he would be hitting the speed limit in first gear haha

very jealous of the opportunity to shoot the veyron! love the rear 3/4 shot and also the engine shot is fantastic :D

the location for the mini is really interesting too, and again the rear shot is the one for me :)

Really like #3, the glare works for me, but I'd prefer it if the bottom of the car hadn't been clipped off! ;) Also like the lighting in #7. (y)

Really like the rig shot of the Carrera GT (what a car), and very nicely edited. Have you tried using content aware fill on some bits to reduce the time? Doesn't always work out right (wouldn't with the pole on top of the car), but can work very well, just needs a bit of healing on the edges to blend in sometimes I find. (y)

Really like #3, the glare works for me, but I'd prefer it if the bottom of the car hadn't been clipped off! ;) Also like the lighting in #7. (y)

Really like the rig shot of the Carrera GT (what a car), and very nicely edited. Have you tried using content aware fill on some bits to reduce the time? Doesn't always work out right (wouldn't with the pole on top of the car), but can work very well, just needs a bit of healing on the edges to blend in sometimes I find. (y)

I always use content aware fill, but always just end up cloning that area to do it properly!

Content aware fill = :thumbsdown:

That's a lovely looking Cooper S - is it a full JCW model, it looks like it with the body kit and red callipers ?

Love my Cooper S, it may be manufactured by BMW but it's better than any Mini ever to come out of a BMC/Leyland/Rover Group workshop.....

(and I used to be a big MG entusiast...)

Steve

I always use content aware fill, but always just end up cloning that area to do it properly!

Content aware fill = :thumbsdown:

Content aware fill isn't anywhere near as good as what it was advertised as. I've only used it a few times with success.

Depends on the image I suppose, but I've used it successfully a number of times, saved me a lot of work cloning and produces a better result. (y)

Obviously doesn't lend itself to remove rig poles and the like though!

Back