Mini DV to computer options.

Name
Sunny
Edit My Images
No
Hi.
I have a load of mini dv tapes that need transferring to my computer, problem is my Sony Z1's firewire port is faulty, been playing up for a while.
Question is can i buy any 2nd hand mini dv camcorder with firewire to transfer my tapes over? Can it be 5-10 years old for example or does it have to be 1 of the newer one's?
My tapes were all captured on the Sony Z1 a while ago so can i cross over to a different brand?

Any help is appreciated.

Any mini dv tape camcorder will do to transfer the tapes over. I think all minidv camcorder do come with firewire ports but just check before you buy.

I have a nvgs 50 which is over 5 years old and that has a firewire port.

Last edited:
If the tapes were recorded in HD, make sure you get a HDV camcorder to capture with, not just Mini DV.

I have a couple of old Sony mini dv decks, will only work with sd but, you're welcome to one of them if you pay postage.

As far as I remember they were getting a bit temperamental when inserting tapes but, worked eventually.

I have a couple of old Sony mini dv decks, will only work with sd but, you're welcome to one of them if you pay postage.

As far as I remember they were getting a bit temperamental when inserting tapes but, worked eventually.

Hi

Any idea if these do pass through?

Thanks

Thank you.

Please can I have the model of one to see what the can do as I may be interested in one if you are going to sell one.

Thanks

Sorry, not selling, was only offering one to the op to get him out of a spot.

No problems. Thanks

Back