Mini dv to Dvd

Name
Dean
Edit My Images
No
I know this isn't exactly photography equipment, but does anyone know the best method/software to transfer mini dv to dvd discs, giving the best quality and hopefully pretty simple to use ??

Dean

the way i do it
firewire from camcorder to dvd player/recorder
and it recognises a cameras been plugged in
put the settings on high provided the tapes arent on long play or anything (makes the quality lower)
and on my one you can either rip to the harddrive of the dvd player, and burn it from there, but the way I do is like recording to the disc as it plays

most laptops and computers even have firewire in them as well
so you could get the firewire cable and put it in your laptop and use a program to capture it (at max settings)
ive only tried it with windows movie maker and didnt personally like the quality

from the dvd player though, quality is pretty great
just obviously depends if you have a dvd recorder or not

hope thats useful

If your looking to purchase, Nero 9 covers all the stops its £60 in the shops but I bought it and reserved it from PC world it cost me £32 saving me £28 and its brilliant havnt found any files it cant handle as yet
Just checked its £42.91 if you reserve it now to pick up
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/st...ound=0&criterion=nero 9&AtimeStamp=3413347800

Still worth it obviously there are othe programs out there such as Roxio Creator 2009
That will do the job and its under £30 on the pc world site Ive always used Nero so I stick with what I know but I have heard great things about Roxio
HTH
Stef

Depends if you want to edit the footage or just do a direct copy.

I use Ulead Videostudio for capture and editing, timeline based and very easy to use

I'm not wanting to do any editing, its just familly stuff, but I have got firewire and have had poor results using Windows, I have also got a program called Camera Mate Real time video, but I think it was a pain to use last time I tried. Is the quality good with nero ?? it would be great if I could just plug and play with something.
Thanks for the info !!

Dean

If you have to spend any money on PC gear you may as well buy a cheap DVD recorder, as long as it has a firewire connection you just plug the camcorder in, hit play and record then use the dvd remote to edit the camera footage, it's basic but it's all you need for home video and at least you may have a use for it when you're done .
£73 delivered with freview built in

it says AV in (front) but doesn't say if it's digital in so you'd need to check that if you were looking at buying it

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-DVD-SR275M-XEU-Recorder-Tuner/dp/tech-data/B0016MSNZA/ref=de_a_smtd

Two methods:

1. Capture ot your PC and edit. Waste money on additional hardware, software. Waste countless hours editing only to arrive at poor quality results with dropped frames and sound out of sync with picture. Repeat.

2 Get a HDD/DVD recorder. Copy footage to hard drive. Carry out simple edits easily. Add a menu. Burn to dvd. Feet up and watch Desperate Housewives.

Two methods:

1. Capture ot your PC and edit. Waste money on additional hardware, software. Waste countless hours editing only to arrive at poor quality results with dropped frames and sound out of sync with picture. Repeat.

2 Get a HDD/DVD recorder. Copy footage to hard drive. Carry out simple edits easily. Add a menu. Burn to dvd. Feet up and watch Desperate Housewives.

The desperate houswives has definately swayed me towards a dvd recorder !! :D:D

Dean

Back