Mini Meet@Colchester Zoo

STARRIDER

In Memoriam
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Met up with Alan and Tim today..had a very nice day..;)..pity not many of my pics were'nt very nice as well,here are a couple for your delectation..:LOL:
Loads more to sort through..

p112594328-4.jpg

p134007824-4.jpg

p74443770-4.jpg

Nice shots, the first doesn't do a great deal for me, but you don't exactly have much control over your subject do you?!

But the next two are awesome, The bird looks like it should be a poster, and the meerkat it pretty much perfect too! (y)

Nice shots, the first doesn't do a great deal for me, but you don't exactly have much control over your subject do you?!

But the next two are awesome, The bird looks like it should be a poster, and the meerkat it pretty much perfect too! (y)
Nice compliments Chris..thank you..;)

It is a shame about the tiger shot. I had a similar one but in the end decided to bin it as the "zoo" setting spolied it for me. Even though we all know it is a zoo I like to try to capture the impression of "wild nature" if I can. It's the same thing with the birds and their jesses. Sadly, if I rejected every bird photo with the jesses in shot I'd end up with almost nothing. That's why I've cropped in tight on some of my birdies.

Love the meerkat shot, though. :)

Last edited:
Oh yes that Owl shot is a cracker.

I like the Meerkat too, texture of the wood and the fur is brought out a treat.

I have one of those lurking about too. You've caught the light in the eyes much better than I did. Mine looks a bit dull, and the poor guy seems very forlorn.....

20100317_134939_2102_LR.jpg

Mind you, if I'd just pi55ed myself, and was sitting in it, I'd look unhappy too.

I'm not one for mono wildlife shots too often Dave, but that Meerkat is terrific. It works really well :)

Met up with Alan and Tim today..had a very nice day..;)..pity not many of my pics were'nt very nice as well,here are a couple for your delectation..:LOL:
Loads more to sort through..

p112594328-4.jpg

p134007824-4.jpg

p74443770-4.jpg

Great shots, Dave. I'm still waiting to see full size the bird shot you got.

The owl is beautiful, I love how the background colour compliments and makes him/her stand out.

The Meercat is a great capture, would love to see that one in colour and the black and white version maybe with a little less contrast?

Back