Mini Project - You've made a right Pigs Ear of that!

They look to be one light setups... I think they could probably benefit from reflectors and maybe some negative lighting (black panels) for the pearls.
In the first image the texture overlay isn't done terribly cleanly (it overlays some pearls where it shouldn't, is missing along some edges, etc).
The overlay is better in the second image. But the color of the pigs ear is gone and I think the soft pink would have been better. I also think I would have mirrored the flower before compositing as I think that is more the direction the ear wraps, rotated so the stamen was pointing more "upwards" to conform to the ear and the way the ear is pointed, and maybe left more of the ear (camera left).

At it's basis this kind of stuff isn't hard... but to really refine an image is. You can easily spend a lot more time and effort than it first seems. I think it is a very interesting concept and worth pursuing.

Last edited:

Thanks for specifying "gender unknown". You're crazy… I love that! Ok, let's play.

• Cool specular control
• Great complementary colours
• Clever selective focus
• Soft but directional lighting and… no bloody trace of the execution!

You're crazy but your good… NOW SELL IT! ;-)
If you do, I will call you SIR!

Lol you might well will surprised what sells on eBay on eBay or perhaps we could have a Xmas auction here I:)
Happy to start bid with a £1 :)

Mmmmm, yum... You could have shaved that hair off by the pearl, how is one meant to eat a hairy ear :D

:) Have you never tried pork scratchings often find hairs in them yuk!
Still buy them though lol:banana:

Kodiak Qc I hope your polishing that sword of yours to give Phil V
His knighthood Sir ;)

That's is of course unless Phil V comes clean ?

And admits that he has really created it from a silk purse in the first place :runaway:

Last edited:
Back