MINI TRIPOD

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi peeps can somebody point me towards a Mini Tripod I could use that wouldnt collapse under the weight of a Nikon D7100 with Battery grip and extra battery whilst shooting with a 70 - 300mm Nikon lens which in itself is quite weighty any and all recommendations gratefully received have looked at the gorilla type and wondered on other peoples views or if there are any alternatives

Maybe not what you mean (mini as opposed to travel) but I've recently bought a Redged carbon fibre travel tripod - folds down to 30cm and weighs 1kg including ballhead

Really impressed with it but quite pricey for £160
the price for me jon is a big put off didnt want to invest that much really wanted something sub £50 area but thanks for the heads up might try to find a 2nd hand one within my price range but summat tells me might be a big ask

The smallest I've found is the Velbon Ultra Luxi Mini. You can find it for around £50 if you look hard enough although it goes for over £100 on Amazon. It will take up to 2 kgs which may not be enough for you. It's pretty sturdy but I don't know how durable it is as I've lugged it around a fair bit but always seem to get stopped from using it by local custodians, I mainly try to use it in churches and the like when I'm abroad. It's very light and portable, I stick it on my belt, but as ever depends on your needs. It's a bit of a fiddle to set up as you end up twisting locks as there is no quick twist and lock mechanism but it has a quick release head and plate. I would think it compares well with most of the other low cost travel tripods and is sturdy enough and very small, which is the main attraction for me.

Back