Review Minnie review of the crumpler geekstar

That looks ideal for just two bodies with lenses attached. :)

I already looked at this....thought it looked very professional ;) I have got a lovely crumpler camera bag, it looks almost identical but mine is orange/grey/navy and might be smaller... the crumpler website is great fun too!

CT said:
That looks ideal for just two bodies with lenses attached. :)

The top section alone handles that matey:)

I can get my 135 on one & my 35mm 1.4 on the other. The bottom section could take a few lenses, pockets can take flash gun ect

Normally i have a lens on each cam in the top, two lenses in the bottom. I only have four primes so i've got plenty of room. There's loads of padded partitions that i've taken out, it pretty modular

Anybody looking for something along those lines should consider it.

Marianne said:
I already looked at this....thought it looked very professional ;) I have got a lovely crumpler camera bag, it looks almost identical but mine is orange/grey/navy and might be smaller... the crumpler website is great fun too!

Apart from the being really well made, what i like most is that they don't look like camera bags. Pretty funky looking to

I do have a low pro but it's not been used since i bought the crumpler. Too small anyway

Sean_Mcr said:
what i like most is that they don't look like camera bags.

Pretty much how i feel about the Bens Pizza XL that I have. It's not big enough for much more than the camera with lens fitted and the flash or another lens at a squeeze - but it looks like a bag I'd be carrying my lunch in :)

Good walkabout bag with quick access to the camera too.

Good review, but am I the only one that finds the Crumpler webiste irritating as hell:(

Much prefer the WarehouseExpress site for browsing their range.

just remembered that my crumpler is called a Long Shlong....and Warspite, I don't expect you are the only one to find the website boring at all, I just liked its quirkiness, never even got as far as looking at their bags on it lol!

i'm after a bag to carry my d70 10-20, 18-70, and maybe 180 in but it also has to be able to carry general bits and bobs for a day out in, like a wallet, sunglasses, keys, bottle of water (risky!) etc. this looks like the ideal solution, in your opinion is it big enough and useful enough as a general bag if it's not too full of kit?

good!

I have a tardis bag (or ben's pizza xxl). inside I can hold 1d, a 100-400(!), 24-70 attached, 17-35 + hood, 50mm, jobo giga one, spare cards, filter pouch (x4 77mm's) and other cleaning bits - its pretty heavy with all that L glass though so I tend to swap in a macro and the 28-135IS.
crumplers, ace :)

i had a geekstar for a while but found it to be very heavy when fully loaded, especially when walking around for a whole day. i prefer shoulder bags but its alot of weight on one shoulder.

i 'downgraded' to a bens pizza xxl recently and found it much easier to use.

To be fair though how heavy it is has nothing to do with the bag, as the bags very light. It's what you put in it, and if you need a bag of that size then it being heavy is simply because your equipment is in it.

I carry it around bars in to the small hrs fully loaded, and it's never a drag. I miss it when it's not with me actually, but it's rare that i leave it at home

Just looked on the Crumpler website but can't find the Geekstar ??? Has it been discontinued.

Like the review Sean, just got a new camera so the space for a second body (with lens on) would be a bonus.

Yeah I saw them, but they didnt have any black ones :( (they did last week) so might give them a few days to see if they get any stock (y)

Hiltons of hull - thats where I went for my hurricane blower when we were on holiday in Brid - closest place I could get to where they said they'd help me out. Their shop was fab - bought a tripod and the remote release cable from there too.

Noticed they had a load of parcels behind the counter, now I know why :)

Back