minnnt and Mr Perceptive visit Salford Quays

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Met up with @minnnt yesterday and spent over 8 hours at Salford Quays, the time just flew by. Despite being tagged by the tripod police (Mr security patrolman says you need a permit for that, and that permits can only be obtained during office hours Mon-Fri, and even then from an office right over the back of the site!!!!) Just flagging it as a warning to other potential visitors, Anyway we carried on using a gorillapod and whatever else we could find!!!

Probably each took around 500 shots including a lot of long exposures, and over the next few days we will be posting a selection in this thread. Watch this space......

Beautiful lead in line with the bridge and the blue liglhts work beautifully with the reflection, a very well composed image.(y)

Very nice - looking forward to seeing the rest

Out of interest was there anywhere in particular you were getting grief abut the tripods r was it just generally? I've shot there a few times and never had any issues using a tripod

When i asked him he said it's everywhere as PEEL own the whole site. Bell end. There was hardly anyone around so it made no difference at all. There were however people zooming around on bikes and kids climbing all over stuff :rolleyes:
Having said that, i managed to break my tripod so it made no difference to me in the end. :LOL:

For me it was a twelve and a half hour round trip (including the 8 hours at M.C.) but was definitely worth it.

A quick one from me...

Media City UK
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Great captures both :)

Yeah the guy sounds like a tool.

He is right that Peel own the whole site (and a good chunk more) but still ....... Unless it's really busy and your causing an obstruction I really don't get the no-tripod thing (broken or not :p) I really need to go down there at night it's a great place with loads of things to snap

Looking forward to the rest :)

Last edited:
He was nice enough about it, but didn't really explain why.

Had a quick google and seems its the usual rubbish of anti terrorism along with asking if the photos are for commercial or private.

Been meaning to get there myself as I'm not far away! No excuse really!

Sounds like i would be better off with my RX100 II and gorilla pod!

Some absolutely cracking shots there chaps (y) hard to pick a favourite, but the first is stunning (y)

Had a couple of hours there one evening with Adrian, Iain and his lad (Buck & morfis) a few weeks back, tis a great place, its certainly on the re-visit list.

The only thing the security asked were if the images were for commercial use, when we said no just personal, they were no problem at all :)

Few more :)

Although i did all the 'normal' shots, i tried to put my spin on things aswell...

Media City UK

Media City UK

Media City UK

Media City UK

Media City UK

Media City UK

Media City UK

A really great set of images David, I'm impressed with the results your getting from your new camera.(y)

George.

Some absolutely cracking shots there chaps (y) hard to pick a favourite, but the first is stunning (y)

Had a couple of hours there one evening with Adrian, Iain and his lad (Buck & morfis) a few weeks back, tis a great place, its certainly on the re-visit list.

The only thing the security asked were if the images were for commercial use, when we said no just personal, they were no problem at all :)

@Phil-D, From what I've gleaned this morning, is that it appears that Peel own all the land except the waterfront, so I expect they have no jurisdiction if you are alongside the water, but we were on one of the bridges at the time, so it's probably a fair cop, but that didn't stop a little bit of rebellion when away from the main areas and anywhere after dark!!

Last edited:
Does anyone know when they ask private or commercial. What if you say commercial and want to sell them?

Course you need their permission or will they ask for a cut or something or will they just tell you to leave?

Ahhh you went back for the escalator shot i see...

Nice work mate. Will hopefully get some more PP'd tomorrow and posted up. I took 576 pics all in. Reckon i might PP about 70 odd. :LOL:

I had tp go back through mall to get to my car park entrance!!!!

Looking forward to seeing more shots, I still have some to sort out.

So whats the intended lens line-up???

Great set of images @Mr Perceptive , don't have a fav' I like them all very much.(y)

George.

Back