Minolta 7...

Ambermile

A Whole Lot of Sparkle..
Name
Arthur
Edit My Images
No
OK now, we all know that Minolta make excellent cameras right? And we know that their film cameras are brill, right? I cannot stretch to a Dynax 9 but... anyone got any thoughts on the 7?

A Dynax 7?

http://photo.net/equipment/minolta/maxxum7

Ok American version but the same camera.

I very nearly bought one a short while ago the only thing that stopped me was the lack of prime AF lens available for it (think they have all been swipped by the Sony gang), lots of zooms around but again not many Minolta own (yes I know I am a lens snob :D)

The Dynax 7 looks a very nice camera and if you do go for it get the 28-105 D lens (think that was the one) as this was designed to work with the camera.

I very nearly bought one a short while ago the only thing that stopped me was the lack of prime AF lens available for it (think they have all been swipped by the Sony gang), lots of zooms around but again not many Minolta own (yes I know I am a lens snob :D)

You don't say what focal length. Plenty of Minolta 50mm/1.7 lenses around and prices are falling since Sony introduced their 50/1.8 (aps-c only). Some of the other focal lengths are less common (200/2.8, 300/4 etc) but still come up for sale.

And yes, I have "swiped" a Minolta 300/4 for my Sony :D.

Well, I will likely be getting one of these since I have a few Minolta bits and I *really* like the idea of film and digital from the same stable/lens mount. It's true about getting no respect when using them but hey, *I'll* know mine is better than the majotiy :D

Thing is, I really would like a "9" but they are almost as scary-priced and the EOS1V :(

EOS 1V?

Prefer the EOS 1n RS much more fun and a little rarer :)

Yeah, the 1n was a bit boring, 1v looked the best. Ideally a 3 though but I never found one I liked the price of. As it is now I got the Minolta 7 body, Sigma 100-300, Minolta 35-70 (with free 500si body), battery grip, remote, all in boxes with a neat case too for £200... just gotta find a 7D I can live with now :D

Back