Minor Disaster

Arkady

Suspended / Banned
Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
Hmmm... after dropping off the D2x bodies to Nikon for a refurb last week, I got an invoice through the post this morning.

Since they're Army cameras, it was a bit of a surprise to say the least. I phoned them up and apparently I need the account number for the servicing contract (in the past, we've just needed to quote our Unit Identification Number or UIN).
Phoned up Calumet, who we get all our kit from and am currently still waiting 5 hours later for the MoD Accounts Manager to get back to me with the info I need.
It's only £50, but I'm b*ggered if I'm paying for it.

Normally we'd backload stuff to Calumet and they would take it from there - but that route takes about 6-12 weeks minimum and we didn't have the time to wait.

May be going to Denmark on thursday with no cameras...

May be going to Denmark on thursday with no cameras...

Bugger, how's your sketching? :whistle2:

Is your Calumet contact Andy Johnson by any chance? He often seems to be at some base or other when I talk to him.

Phil Goldsmith is the major accounts manager and my POC on the MoD account is Richard Hallwood

Nah - I still have my own D1x, an F3 and a Leica M6 to fall back on...

Stop Press: all sorted now - collect on wednesday, but they've only cleaned and upgraded the firmware on them, not fixed the (suspected) dodgy sensor in one of them... we'll see if the firmware upgrades had any affect next week.

Back