Minox plastic cassesttes

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm down to my last 2 Minox partial plastic cassesttes - the partially broken film take up cap is shared between the 2.

I'm really struggling to source some more. Auction site being watched. MS Hobbies have none and although they had (again out of stock) a refillable newly produced metal cassette it needs 9mm film and my cutter does 9.2mm.

Blue Moon do new filled cassesttes. Bristol Cameras out of stock. Fotoimpex and Macodirect won't either ship to EU or its take a chance on customs charges. Blue Moon themselves have some but it's $48 shipping.

A couple of large EU retailers are showing stock but have extremely poor reviews.

So I'm a little stuck. Any suggestions?

Want ad here: https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/minox-plastic-cassesttes.752814/

Well it took me a while but I've now got a little stash of unused Minox plastic cassesttes from that auction site.
rsz_1rsz_img_20231003_203252261.jpg

The "Spy film" should be good to use as it's from Blue Moon Camera and they've only had the Minox rights for a few years.

The Minocolor expired exactly 20 years ago. I was going to shoot it as I've not done Minox colour but I think I'll just re-load the cassettes. The only UK place that I know of that devs Minox C41 charges £25 a roll (includes a scan). Tad pricey for me.

The average price of each cassette was £16.50 :(

Ouch re the price but great that you've got some cassettes.

Have you thought about developing the Minocolor as black and white? Not sure what the wuality quality would be like after 20 years though.

Last edited:
Not sure how accurately small things can now be scanned and 3D printed but that could be a possibility.

Ouch re the price but great that you've got some cassettes.

Have you thought about developing the Minocolor as black and white? Not sure what the wuality quality would be like after 20 years though.
Good idea on processing the colour as b&w, thanks.

https://mshobbies.co.uk/shop/ols/categories/cassettes-for-minox-8x11mm is the place to go. They have out of date Agfa Minox film at £15 and a bunch of other options including new, but pricey, alu cassettes. You may need to email or telephone as it's a bit of a one man band and that man does things Old School!
Thanks for the pointers but.... None of the Agfa Minox in stock unfortunately (states backordered). All the options for new film in a Minox cassette are also backordered and have been that way for some months. There is a recent-ish article on their website stating a shortage of old cassettes.

There is a further article saying where customers have had issues using their aluminium cassette it's down to use of film wider than 9mm. My Minox cutter does 9.2mm so my film will likely cause problems.

Of course I'm pleased a business like MS Hobbies exists. I considered getting a camera from them - the proprietor responded promptly to my queries. I periodically check their website.

Not sure how accurately small things can now be scanned and 3D printed but that could be a possibility.
I guess it can be done. I've not seen any 3d printed ones to buy though. Not sure if that has anything to do with Minox being active in licensing their products - Blue Moon Camera appears to be the only Minox official licensee for new cassettes.

Reactions: Nod
Back