Mint InstantKon RF70 - Instax Wide Manual Rangefinder

Very interesting - and surely if it shoots onto Instax Wide, it should be amenable to modification to fit 120? Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I love the idea of a Bessa III/Fuji GF670, but both are just too expensive.

Very interesting - and surely if it shoots onto Instax Wide, it should be amenable to modification to fit 120? Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I love the idea of a Bessa III/Fuji GF670, but both are just too expensive.

Not sure about converting it to shoot 120? There's a quite a lot of internal hardware in an Instax camera which would make it hard to fit the spools in but nothing's impossible :0)

Oooh now this is right up my street. Could be useful for light tests once all the FP100c runs out as well, especially if there's a way to trigger flashes.

Hmmm... I do like their TL70 instant camera, which I've had the chance to handle in Japan on a couple of trips and have been very close to purchasing. It's good to see some attempts at innovation in the film camera market.

That said, I already own the sorts of cameras that the TL70 and RF70 have been modelled after (and also own a Fuji Mini Instax 90), so they'll really need to do something quite innovative to get me to actually purchase something... unless my cameras start dying.

Hmmm... I do like their TL70 instant camera, which I've had the chance to handle in Japan on a couple of trips and have been very close to purchasing. It's good to see some attempts at innovation in the film camera market.

That said, I already own the sorts of cameras that the TL70 and RF70 have been modelled after (and also own a Fuji Mini Instax 90), so they'll really need to do something quite innovative to get me to actually purchase something... unless my cameras start dying.

I agree about the TL70 because it’s close to being a useful addition but the fact it is still limited in its’ control has always put me off. I don’t know much about this RF70 (and I’ve been told today that the guy from Mint in the video wasn’t actually expecting for any images/video of it to be released as yet!) but the fact it has full manual focus/shutter speed (and possibly aperture) is a step up over other options.

I agree about the TL70 because it’s close to being a useful addition but the fact it is still limited in its’ control has always put me off.

Well, to be fair, the TL70 does have more control than most Instax cameras on the market, as you can independently control focus and aperture, for instance.

Well, to be fair, the TL70 does have more control than most Instax cameras on the market, as you can independently control focus and aperture, for instance.

I have the v1 that I updated to v2 spec. I have to say I quite like it. Its by far the best instax camera I've played with (Fuji ones and a lomo thingy)
Gonna keep an eye on this one to see how it goes. (I already have there polaroid camera too!)

Oooh now this is right up my street. Could be useful for light tests once all the FP100c runs out as well, especially if there's a way to trigger flashes.

The latest update email has confirmed that there'll be a 3.5mm sync jack which is fantastic news. Looks like there will be life after FP100c after all.

Back