Mirror less cameras advice needed

I've decided to change my camera to a mirrorless one so here's my question.
What camera in your opinion works well for this type of photography especially with the majority of my image being WHITE ? as you know every digital camera want to turn white to mid Grey.
I want a camera with good battery life also

OP - I recommend you edit your first post to reflect the questions you really want to ask.

Assuming the part I've quoted is your real question - what would be good to replace your faulty Canon - then as Phil said, Canon or Sony mirrorless both have suitable cameras.

Sounds to me like you need to learn how to use the camera that you already have. Changing to a mirrorless won’t make any difference.
Yeah that's my thoughts, pretty much. Learn how to use a light meter.

Last edited:
Will a light meter help with colour balance?

Read this bit:
'm shooting the cars with a white wall in the background. When shooting different color cars my camera sometimes has a mind me it's own . Images going from under to over exposed.
I've decided to change my camera to a mirrorless one so here's my question.
What camera in your opinion works well for this type of photography especially with the majority of my image being WHITE ? as you know every digital camera want to turn white to mid Grey.

Seems WB is the least of their problems.

Read this bit:

Seems WB is the least of their problems.

So it wont. Thought not.

If you're going to try and answer the op's issues it'd be more constructive to try and include all major issues rather than chip in with a cheap backhanded throw away like "learn how to use a light meter."

So it wont. Thought not.

If you're going to try and answer the op's issues it'd be more constructive to try and include all major issues rather than chip in with a cheap backhanded throw away like "learn how to use a light meter."
"Images going from under to over exposed."

"every digital camera want to turn white to mid Grey."

What advice would YOU give for this, then?

I notice you didn't jump down J Crossley's throat, for saying pretty much what I did. Why is that?

Last edited:
I think the OP’s post was simply him saying that he thought the camera was on its way out, and could we recommend a mirrorless camera. To answer that, most mirrorless are good these days. If you want the most compact then look at Olympus or Panasonic. For full-frame both Sony and Nikon (Z series) are probably the ones to go for.

I have an eos r, works great with ef lenses and captures good colour and resolution images straight out of the camera.

The only thing I would say is that battery life will not usually be as good with mirrorless compared to dslr, but pick the right camera for you and get a couple of spares.

What other types of photography do you do in addition to cars and portraits? This may have a bearing on what camera is right for you.

T

Back